Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a new car, fed up with current car

Options
  • 02-02-2007 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

I know - another suggestions thread? I've picked out 3 vehicles and need your advice..

I'm currently driving an Opel Corsa B 1L, 1999. 116K miles. (high I know).

I can get around €1500 trade in at a few garages I know (the car is not in good shape and will most likely fail NCT this month, so thought I'd change up rather than go through repair process, lot of body work and other things to be done).

I have around €7000 + my €1500 trade in to play with. Maybe slightly more if I see something I like. I really want something to last me for 4 or 5 years and something I won't tire of so quickly (only had corsa 5 or 6 months).

So here's what I've been looking at:

BMW 316/318 (don't mind if its compact)
    Alfa Romeo 156 (only because I found one cheapish with good spec and just had the timing belt done)
    Honda Civic 1.4l (not the hatchback ones now lads) <-- never would have thought about one of these until I drove one today and found it to be a nice drive.

So? Any recommendations?

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Whichever one you go for, factor in the increases in fuel, tax and insurance.
    Im not sure which ne you should go for but if choosing a BMW go for the 318i if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Just don't get a 3 series compact. Worst beemer ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Thinking now about avoiding the 3 series as all I've seen are compacts and overpriced in my area. Thinking I might go back and have another look at that Honda during the week.

Advertisement