Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jetwash in Dublin

Options
  • 02-02-2007 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Anyone know of a decent place for jetwashing in Dublin, preferably southside? The only one i can think of is halfway to Howth, those automated Tigerwashes are ****e and I don't want to go to a valet. I'm in Mount Merrion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Funny enough, I'm having trouble myself trying to find a jetwash aswell in the southside (Firhouse, Knocklyon, Templeouge area). Most garages just have the auto car washes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The wash at Gaffneys service station is quite good and very busy on a Saturday. Gaffneys is now closed but the lads still run the wash. Its at 268 Lr Kimmage Road, beside Paddy Lumleys (ex VW dealer). The place used to be a Maxol garage and its on the left about 500m before the KCR as you head out of town.

crosstownk wrote:
    The wash at Gaffneys service station is quite good and very busy on a Saturday. Gaffneys is now closed but the lads still run the wash. Its at 268 Lr Kimmage Road, beside Paddy Lumleys (ex VW dealer). The place used to be a Maxol garage and its on the left about 500m before the KCR as you head out of town.

Funny, I pass that place every day going to and from college, and I never noticed that it had a car wash. Can you wash the car yourself or does someone else do it for you?

Two guys do it - one washes and one rinses. I passed it just before Christmas and it was open (not the service station). The wash is at the back. I think they are only open at weekends. It won't be there for long as I hear the place is going to be demolished to make way for apartments.

The jet wash in the Shell station on Fortfield Road is self service. It also suffers from long queues at weekends.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. I prefer to wash my car myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

there's one in the maxol on cromwellsfort road, just off the walkinstown roundabout, also in the texaco (i think, could be esso) as you approach the tallaght m50 junction from the spawell roundabout

Edit: neither are close to mount merrion tbh, but might be useful info for someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

opposite the mosque in clonskeagh..handy spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Max_Damage wrote:
    Thanks for that. I prefer to wash my car myself though.

Ditto. No teenager with soiled sponges and brushes is going near my paint, thank you very much.

I'd say filling stations in Dublin are getting scarce now with the price of the land they're sitting on, not to mind ones with jet washes.

kdouglas wrote:
    there's one in the maxol on cromwellsfort road, just off the walkinstown roundabout, also in the texaco (i think, could be esso) as you approach the tallaght m50 junction from the spawell roundabout

Edit: neither are close to mount merrion tbh, but might be useful info for someone else
    Yep - the one at Fort Motors is self service as is the Texaco on the Tallaght By-Pass. I'd go for the Texaco one - good wash, IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

<pedantic nit-picking>
    actually, the maxol and fort motors are completely seperate and have nothing to do with eachother
    </pedantic nit-picking>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Most Shell stations have jet washes (the ones that have washes at all).
    The Texaco on Rochestown Ave near Johnstown Rd has both a drive-through and a jet wash and AFAIR the station on the other end of Rochestown Ave near Bakers Corner has a jet wash as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I know of two that are quite good and cheap. The maxol on the lucan road/N4 beside the pub (cant remember the name) only 2 quid for 4 minutes. Same machine Northside on the swords road just after airways industrial, same price too.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

dubtom wrote:
    I know of two that are quite good and cheap. The maxol on the lucan road/N4 beside the pub (cant remember the name) only 2 quid for 4 minutes.
    Do you mean the Texaco beside the Foxhunter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

MadsL wrote:
    opposite the mosque in clonskeagh..handy spot.
    I used to use this one all the time. But stopped about a year ago because every time i went there it was broken.
    The Statoil on the N2, far side of ashbourne is the best one I've used. Absolute quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

is the station opposite the mosque not closed now? i'll have to have a look next time i drive past. the car is still covered in muck up to the windows, but i'm up in monaghan and cavan all week so there's not much point scraping it off for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

kbannon wrote:
    Do you mean the Texaco beside the Foxhunter?

Yes, thats the one, can never remember names when I need to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Kyle0r

Hi there,

Decent knowledge sharing thread! Cheers!

Unfortunately, due to vandalism (to seal the coins?) the jetwashes at the following filling station are out of order, since the last two weeks... so I'd be very happy to recieve any tips on decent coin operated jetwashes in and around the Dublin 18 area!!
    When I went today, the automated washing system was still was operational, should that be what someone's after. Seems fairly decent but can't speak from personal experience.

If anyone goes here, and the jetwashers are operational, please post here!!

Here is the stations details, should anyone wish to check its operational again! My advise is to take your own mit/sponge or whatever you prefer to actually wash the car and just use the jetwash for pre-wash, soap and post-wash.

Also the bay jetwash at this station is far better for larger cars than the non bay jetwash next to it... this is because its easier to move around the car with the tools because the cables are centrally hung above the car, not off to the side.

---

On the south-side on Dub... there is a filling station (currently ESSO) that has:
    • 1 automated, conveyer system
    • 2x jet wash systems (takes 1 euro for 2 mins iirc)
    • 2x car vac systems
    • free air and water

Its located on the southbound side of the N11, after the Cabinteely crossroads/lights.

Google map linkage

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Apart from the fact that this thread is 3 years old, what the hell was that ramble all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Kyle0r wrote: »
    Hi there,

Decent knowledge sharing thread! Cheers!

Unfortunately, due to vandalism (to seal the coins?) the jetwashes at the following filling station are out of order, since the last two weeks... so I'd be very happy to recieve any tips on decent coin operated jetwashes in and around the Dublin 18 area!!
    When I went today, the automated washing system was still was operational, should that be what someone's after. Seems fairly decent but can't speak from personal experience.

If anyone goes here, and the jetwashers are operational, please post here!!

Here is the stations details, should anyone wish to check it out its operational again! My advise is to take your own mit/sponge or whatever you prefer to actually wash the car and just use the jetwash for pre-wash, soap and post-wash.

Also the bay jetwash at this station is far better for larger cars than the non bay jetwash next to it... this is because its easier to move around the car with the tools because the cables are centrally hung above the car, not off to the side.

---

On the south-side on Dub... there is a filling station (currently ESSO) that has:
    • 1 automated, conveyer system
    • 2x jet wash systems (takes 1 euro for 2 mins iirc)
    • 2x car vac systems
    • free air and water

Its located on the southbound side of the N11, after the Cabinteely crossroads/lights. Its just after the northbound filling station (currently also ESSO).

Google map linkage

Are you on smack?

• Advertisement

MCMLXXV wrote:
    Apart from the fact that this thread is 3 years old, what the hell was that ramble all about?
    Hammertime wrote:
    Are you on smack?

Bit hostile? :( :eek:

I was trying to share a tip on a jet wash, per this threads original subject. :confused: Apologies if it wasn't useful, too *rambley* or written exactly to specific posting standards.

I appreciate the post was kind of thread necro... but I thought a reply would be more appreciated and appropriate than starting a new thread with the exact same topic...

---

Any tips on decent, coin operated jet washes in the Dublin 18 area would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

The car wash opposite the mosque in Clonskeagh is good. They wash it for you.
    The best coin operated one I've used is in Newcastle, west dublin. Buttons are clearly marked and it always seems to be working. It uses €2 coins

Paparazzo wrote: »
    The car wash opposite the mosque in Clonskeagh is good. They wash it for you.
    The best coin operated one I've used is in Newcastle, west dublin. Buttons are clearly marked and it always seems to be working. It uses €2 coins

thx for the share! Good options if nothing comes up in around D18 :)

Google map links would be very handy if you get the chance!

Advertisement