Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remote central-locking

Options
  • 02-02-2007 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My remote central locking has randomly decided to stop working. I press the button and nothing happens at all.

I can still open the doors using the key and the central locking is still working but just not from the remote.

I thought it might be the battery but i changed it and its not, i definitely put the right battery in the right way so im compltetly lost as to what =could be wrong.

anybody any idea? ..did this ever happen to anybody before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

have you tried your spare key?
    What year and type is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Same thing happened to my bf's car and he googled the car make and model and found a way of reprogramming the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Very same happened to my remote the problem was the transmitter in the remote so I had to buy a new key €75 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Could be the transmitter or the reciever - easily verified by trying the spare key.

What make and model is the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Thanks for the replies. Ok, so seems to be common enough problem.

Its a mazda 323f 2.0v6. I dont actually have a spare key fob to test it so i can see if its the transmitter or not.

Hopefully it can be fixed, remote c/l is great to have. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭msdurden

Hey,

Ive lost my remote i tink its a cobra alarm for a vw golf but not sure (great help)..

Is there any way to get another one without ripping the car apart? :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

is a common enough thing to happen. most times the battery goes dead and can loose its memory, some cars there is a process of reprogramming but some cars will require a computer to do this. with an opel you can put the key in the ignition after changing battery and turn on the ignition and press one of the buttons a few times and will work again. otherwise the remote could be faulty. search on google for a way to reprogramme a mazda 323 remote.

Advertisement