Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

testing new spam filtering software

Options
  • 02-02-2007 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi guys.
    The company I work for has been using MailSweeper to filter our mail, which, to be honest, is fairly poor. We've recently got Symantec BrightMail software. I don't want to route all our mail through this yet, so I was wondering if there was a way i can route maybe one mailbox store through this, and one through MailSweeper? I can then add a few select people in our department to this second store. Anyone have any ideas how best to test a spam filter without full deployment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

I don't think what you want is possible unfortunately.

Brightmail works by slotting into the SMTP stream in front of your mail server like a proxy mail server. It's not even aware of user mailboxes, it takes in SMTP from outside, checks it and feeds out SMTP to your mail server without separating out the mail content by user, so it's all or nothing I would imagine.

It's supposed to be good as far as I've heard (though I've never used it myself).

Advertisement