Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleting files & other things

Options
  • 02-02-2007 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

how do i delete stuff from the bar on the bottom right (operations bar?)

i had problems and an old desktop was restored with mc afee on it, i dont want/need to use it and sent it to the recycle bin but i cant delete it because 'windows is using the file'
    im not using itas i disabled it as im using avg now and i dont want them to clash,
    there is other stuff i want to get rid of too,

thanks,
    gar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

You can't just delete the files. You have to uninstall them from the pc. To do this go to

Start=>Control Panel=>Add/Remove programs.

Select what programs from there that you want to remove.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

admiralgar wrote:
    how do i delete stuff from the bar on the bottom right (operations bar?)

i had problems and an old desktop was restored with mc afee on it, i dont want/need to use it and sent it to the recycle bin but i cant delete it because 'windows is using the file'
    im not using itas i disabled it as im using avg now and i dont want them to clash,
    there is other stuff i want to get rid of too,

thanks,
    gar

You shouldn't try to delete installed software by just deleting the files, as they will leave rubbish all over the place.

Remove them with uninstall.

To do this, follow these instructions.

Start > Settings > Control Panel

Double click on "Add or remove Programs".

Find the program you want to uninstall in the list. Select it, and then click the button that says "Change / Remove", or just "Remove".

Follow the wizards instructions from then on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea once you uninstall them I highly recommend using CCleaner great program and its free.. when you uninstall a program crap can be left over.. this will rid you of all that stuf you dont need! Ive found uninstalling games and stuf can take up to 500mbs on your pc even after uninstall!

linkage.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i've tried to uninstall through programs/ add/remove programs but the files arent there

Advertisement