Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone tell me?

Options
  • 02-02-2007 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

Whats this? Has it happened to anyone else? Probably not but i said id ask... Cause of this yoke I can get on bebo nor myspace! Its such a pain! Ive done virus scans the lot and it only had one trojan which got deleted automatically!

Untitled-1-6.jpg

I feel like im back in school :(

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I'm assuming this is your home pc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Could have something to do with this article. I know its not a Wiki page you are viewing but looks similar to the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Ruu wrote:
    Could have something to do with this article. I know its not a Wiki page you are viewing but looks similar to the problem.

I thought it was too but the article was too long to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Are you actually in Saudi Arabia {the .sa domain name} as it would not surprise me if they are blocking various sites.

If your not check the proxy settings of your web browser in case they are set to run from another server.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep.. i was about to say a proxy myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

It is a home computer :P Im not trying to make you think im a little kid in school trying to get on bebo lol!

Nope im in Ireland!

And I just fixed it now what you said 8T8 about the proxy settings mine were set to manual so I changed it to auto and it worked!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

That proxy thing never worked.. It did for awhile but it just sets itself back again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 turki94

I am sudden if you were not in ksa, how could you see this page? Because the page is usually sent by Saudi site-blocking officials to people inside the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

If you're at home, you probably shouldn't be going through a proxy server at all (unless you're running your own or something ;) ), so it should be on "no proxy" or whatever there is in Firefox (I forget), or set to manual with everything left blank.

Which ISP are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭H3LLg0d

tools =>
    options =>
    connection settings =>
    delete the numbers you have entered for the proxy + port number ,just delete anything you have input => tick direct connection => ok

are you using a proxy program ? if so disable automic config with your browser in that program;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,784 ✭✭✭SeanW

What on Earth were you doing with a Saudi proxy anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

DeafVision wrote:
    That proxy thing never worked.. It did for awhile but it just sets itself back again?

You have a virus or some other malware. That's the only explanation for the settings being changed.

Spybot S&D, Ad-aware and a good, up to date virus scanner will sort you.

Advertisement