Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthur Russell

Options
  • 02-02-2007 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭

Wonder if anyone else likes him, I discovered him a small while back, it really is some of the most beautiful music I've come across. A quote:
    Some have said that Russell sounds like Nick Drake if he had a cello and some effects instead of a guitar, and that description isn't too far off. It's amazing, heartbreaking, inspiring music.

The Nick Drake thing is right; the music is really bleak and some of the songs are just his cello and his voice but if you do like Nick Drake you'll love this stuff, some of it is difficult; i recommend starting on Another Thought

He died in 1992 of AIDS aged 40, and his work is being re-released and repackaged now,it varies from disco-pop to classical voice and cello songs; the latest one, Springfield, is brilliant, the DFA remix too.

One of his songs is on the new T-Mobile, ad, the one where the house is moving down the street.

Anyway check it out

Comments

Advertisement