Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Fax Machine

Options
  • 02-02-2007 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a program that will allow me to send faxes from my computer. I would of course love if they would send for free over broadband. Is there one available?

If not even one that will send faxes over dialup would be great.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

Im looking for a program that will allow me to send faxes from my computer.
    Windows XP has a built in Fax facility. Look in "Printers and Faxing" under the menu [Start/Settings/Printers and Faxing]; you need to have a working fax modem attached or integrated into your computer of course.
    I would of course love if they would send for free over broadband. Is there one available?
    I don't think you will be able to do this for free. You can subscribe to services like "efax" for example, that allow you to send an email that is converted and sent as a fax, and inbound faxes are sent to you by email as PDF attachments, but the service costs money.

NTL broadband customers get a free fax to email service (not sure if many even know about it), but it's only free for inbound faxes as far as I know. I use this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Johnniep

Blueface offer a fax service. You email off a .pdf and it is faxed to its destination. You are also assigned a geographical number which allows you to receive faxes. The fax is sent to you by email in .pdf format. Have been using it for about a year and its a great service!

Advertisement