Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback required on discussion threads..

Options
  • 02-02-2007 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

With the airings of the remaining Season 3 episodes being so close together, what's the consensus on IRL / US discussion threads?

I reckon just the one discussion thread which will be posted up the day of airing in the States and then people can coin in whether they watch it that day, or 3 or 4 days after on Sky / RTÉ2.

Agreed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Sounds good. When they're that close together, it would be pointless to have seperate threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yup if they are less than a week apart one thread will suffice, but the people watching on rte or sky will need to have it drilled into their heads that it will contain spoilers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭SoSueMe

One thread for each episode is the best idea I have heard. Whats a 4/5 day difference anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I think that a single discussion thread instead of the US/Sky/RTE ones would be best, but I think that it should be chartered that any information posted before each episode has been shown on all 3 should be put in spoiler tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

the most sensible approach would be, have 1 thread for each topic but spoiler tag stuff till RTE have aired, and enforce it dish out a few warnings for failure to do so, people wont be long copping on what to do !! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

bobbyc wrote:
    the most sensible approach would be, have 1 thread for each topic but spoiler tag stuff till RTE have aired, and enforce it dish out a few warnings for failure to do so, people wont be long copping on what to do !! :D

But if people are generally discussing the events of the episode in any level of detail, it may result in the first page or two of each thread being a long list of posts that are totally spoilered. Might a big, sound warning in the first post of each thread warning that there will be spoilers for anyone who has not watched the episode be better? I suppose that would mean the thread would have to be kept solely to post-episode discussion too, and no pre-episode speculation or whatever. Either way, keep up the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

yes i agree! one thread.....but out a notice in the first post that it will contain spoilers if u havent seen the episode yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Surely if people are stupid enough to go into a thread about an episode they havent seen yet they should know that it will contain spoilers pertaining to that episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Sounds good to have one thread per episode as opposed to country. There shouldn't have to be any spoiler tags, just a heavy warning in the opening post stating that there will be spoilers for those who haven't seen it yet.

As gustavo said, sure it's their own fault for going into the thread into the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

I agree, one thread, and there will be spoilers. No tags imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

abelard wrote:
    But if people are generally discussing the events of the episode in any level of detail, it may result in the first page or two of each thread being a long list of posts that are totally spoilered. Might a big, sound warning in the first post of each thread warning that there will be spoilers for anyone who has not watched the episode be better? I suppose that would mean the thread would have to be kept solely to post-episode discussion too, and no pre-episode speculation or whatever. Either way, keep up the good work!
    ya your right actually, anyway most people that post 99.9% will have seen the ep before rte ! so tough tity !! lol
    fair warning that thread contains spoilers if you havent seen, should suffice,

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

grand idea, no need for cluttering up the forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

gustavo wrote:
    Surely if people are stupid enough to go into a thread about an episode they havent seen yet they should know that it will contain spoilers pertaining to that episode.

That is what makes the most sense, if someone does not know what episode they are on... well what i mean is there have been 6 episodes so far everyone who has seen them knows this so when a thread for episode 7 goes up for US any RTE'er should know they have only seen 6 episodes and that the 7th episode is on in X amount of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I agree with having one thread but it might not look appealing for Irish viewers to join in on a thread that has already been discussed by US watchers. I know I never like to join in after 6 or 7 pages which have already discussed the episode in detail.

But, oh well, it's the best way to do it I suppose.

I don't think there should be spoiler tags in the thread either. But people discussing anything beyond that episode in that thread should be banned temporarily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭SoSueMe

basquille wrote:
    With the airings of the remaining Season 3 episodes being so close together, what's the consensus on IRL / US discussion threads?

I reckon just the one discussion thread which will be posted up the day of airing in the States and then people can coin in whether they watch it that day, or 3 or 4 days after on Sky / RTÉ2.

Agreed?

Well done with this idea. There is a better discussion going on and the board looks 'cleaner'. Good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

SoSueMe wrote:
    Well done with this idea. There is a better discussion going on and the board looks 'cleaner'. Good job.
    Cheers.

I have to agree.. i'm quite proud of the decision.

Advertisement