Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seagate 400GB

Options
  • 02-02-2007 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭

I just bought a seagate 400gb from maplin galway and it was working fine but then I unpluged the usb to use something else and when I tried to start the harddrive again it would not start.I am holding the centre button on the hard drive but I hear it spining but the computer never picks it up and when I release the button it stops,Anyway to fix it for will I just bring it back to the shop? I rebooted the computer everything else is working fine!

Any Help
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

Hi, Did you select to ' unplug or eject hardware ' down on the task bar ?.

Is the device listed in device manager ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

I just bought a seagate 400gb from maplin

Way too expensive...
    Check Komplett.ie and cry :-)
    then I unpluged the usb to use something else and when I tried to start the harddrive again it would not start.

To what ? Firewire ?
    Are you sure you have the juice, the external power cable properly working ?
    If you plug it back using USB, does it work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Best thing to do is to return it, even if you get it working again there must be something off with it.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

It does not show in device manager and the power is connected , I disconnected the power tried to boot it up but no joy,reconnected the power got the spinning noise but did not stay on.Defently bring it back just had some files I would have likeed transfered over ,my fault for not backing them up.Any other ideas before I bring it back?

Advertisement