Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man dies in Quarry accident...again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Jesus thats cruel:( Theres going to be a major crackdown on the health and safety in that quarry. I was wondering why I saw all the firetrucks and ambulances flying out by the ring road this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Saw the ambulances and fire engines racing across the ring road this morning on the way to work. What a horrible way for the man to die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Agreed. Dreadful. It's not going to be too sweet for the others working there either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

my uncle works there and was injured in the incident last year. There must be something wrong with regards to H&S if 2 employees are killed within the space of 11 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

On a related note I see signs up out the freshford road protesting against a quarry opening. Anyone got any info on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Bond-007 wrote:
    On a related note I see signs up out the freshford road protesting against a quarry opening. Anyone got any info on this?

Yep, it's basically a bunch of local yummy mummies protesting against a proposed quarry outsied Freshford. They don't seem to realise that the stone etc to drive their new SUVs has to come from somewhere.

I live near it though, my main concern would be the extra trucks on the road (Freshford-KK road isn't great in parts) like you have in BBridge with a quarry..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Advertisement