Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City Fight Club

Options
  • 02-02-2007 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

How ridiculous is this!??! I mean, the show is awful anyway, what with the bad acting and awful story lines, but this one takes the proverbial biscuit!! It's so astoundingly bad. These two 13/14 year olds starting fight for "the buzz", its so so terrible, and now they're practicing fighting with each other for practice, who the hell comes up with this bollox?!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I saw a picture in a magazine. I thought it was some fella pinching another guys cheek. Turned out to be an apparently tyson like epic blow delivered to his friend for showing interest in a girl he likes. Apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

excellent storyline. I'll be watching closely....:rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

I agree Diablo, Fair City rules! It's the new "Lost".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Mainstay

God I though Fair City struck out when they ripped off Veronica Mars with the Rapist story arc but now they are openly stealing from an awesome movie. I figure they start Project Mayhem and take out the "Bishop Boys" soon.

Then for the next story arc they will go realtime like 24

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

RVD420 wrote:
    I agree Diablo, Fair City rules! It's the new "Lost".
    actually, I was being sarcastic. did you not see the :rolleyes: at the end of my post? :D

Fair City is awful rubbish..

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Mainstay wrote:
    God I though Fair City struck out when they ripped off Veronica Mars with the Rapist story arc but now they are openly stealing from an awesome movie. I figure they start Project Mayhem and take out the "Bishop Boys" soon.

Wow, realtime Fair City.....now that'd rule!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I happened across this tripe over the last week. It is absolutely shocking, not only is the acting terrible, but you just cant buy that that little bollox is actually capable of beating snow off a rope let alone fighting.

And the teachers: "this is more serious than we thought", "it must be stamped out" please!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Mainstay wrote:

Jaysus, that would be good alright :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Have Fair City writers become so be-reft (sp?) of idea's that they have to go ripping off other storylines? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

its great to watch just to see what other stupid storylines they come up with and just when you think it cant get any worse it does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Have to agree that its pretty stupid this storyline ok. As a martial artist, i am saddened to see how they are protraying person with a knowledge of MA or self defense (in this case boxing). This is not self-defense, this is young lads deliberately starting fights. MA and self defense doesn't teach people to start fights, but rather to avoid them.

It may be a way for Fair City to try attract younger viewers, but do they really need to protray youngsters as scum, those who are only out to kick the bejaysus out of their mates, just so they can look cool and fit in with the crowd?? Come on people, this is far from cool. I'm ashamed with Fair City executives, for allowing this drivel to be screened.

• Advertisement
Advertisement