Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quinn-direct Breakdown Assistance

Options
  • 02-02-2007 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭

hey.. I'm currently a fully comp policy holder with Quinn. earlier this month they launched breakdown assistance to fully comp policy holders, so I rang them to confirm this and therefore said to myself no renewing my AA great. However they said that since I renewed my policy last November the break down assistance does not come into affect until next time I renew. Is this right I cannot see anything where it says this is the case in their policy online?? or is this just another way to get new customers and disregard the old ones? What to people think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

It might not sound fair to a customer (I'm with Quinn-direct too), but they're within their rights not to offer this service until you renew. When you signed up for your policy, you would have been told what all your entitlements were for the money you gave them. Back in November, this wouldn't have included breakdown assistance. That policy, and your entitlements, are valid for a year, so they have no obligation to give you anything extra for free now.

Remember, there's no such thing as a free lunch, so the cost of this breakdown service is being added to premiums somewhere, even if they don't expressly state it. The fact is that since you haven't paid for it, they don't have to give it you.

Some companies do upgrade the features of their services mid-contract without extra cost (Eircom's broadband speed increases last year, for instance). But unfortunately, insurance companies aren't known for their generosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭patrickc

Thanks Phutyle, I suppose I didn't look at it like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

They added windscreen cover too a while back but wouldnt let me add it as I was midway through the year with them. :(

I think I'm gonna look elsewhere come renewal anyway tbh..

yeh although me being only 24 still, i find it hard to get anyone even to nearly match their prices

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Ms Inquisitive

I'm also a full comp driver with Quinn Direct. Only this week, 3/4's of the way through my policy changed it from one car to another! It is only a temporary measure until the beginning of March but I was informed over the phone that I was covered for breakdown service. Getting confusing!!

• Advertisement

i changed mine in December, well changed my car, so policy over too.. They must not just like me..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

When did they bring this in? I went onto their site after reading this and saw no mention of it...?:confused:

Advertisement