Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good the Bad and the Queen

Options
  • 01-02-2007 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭

Maybe I missed it but can't believe nobody has mentioned this Damon Albarn led band yet!? Just finished listening to it and I'm loving it. Theres some interesting characters in the band Paul Simonon of former Clash glory, some ex verve guy called Simon Tong and the always cool drummer Tony Allen. Apparently though its only a one off album:(

So anyone heard it, like it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

heard the bbc electric proms live thing and it was really cool

useless trivia:
    simon tong played with blur when graham left
    and was the guitarist at the olympia last time they played
    (on the thinktank tour)

rgds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

The opening track is my fav! "History Song" I think it's called!

Anyone looking for a sneak peek of it, the whole album was up streaming on their myspace page! Nice to have a listen before you buy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭SlipknotBitch9

i've been really interested in this band since november, my fave is 'kingdom of doom', but the live version seems to be much better, they were on jools holland in december, there's loads of live stuff from their recent gigs in the uk on youtube. pity they couldn't come here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭JLemmon

Got it yesterday, listened a good bit so far, I'm liking it alot
    only disappointment for me is the under use of Tony Allen, shame really.
    Like some songs are using programmed beats, that's like resurrecting
    John Bonham or Keith Moon for a day and showing them the wonders of programmed percussion on your new album as opposed to letting them dream up something better. Otherwise enjoying the album :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

F__kin' Loving the album.Not very Upbeat but a winner nonetheless .
    Some of the tracks sound like Blur interludes & some sound like those hidden gems you discover when listening to unchartered territory on "Sandinista"!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Great, great record. Has a slightly gloomy, melancholy feel to it - but ideal listening on a damp winter's evening.

Advertisement