Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] Heroes - 1x13 - The Fix [*SPOILERS*]

Options
  • 01-02-2007 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

TV.com :
    "Hiro continues to search for a sword while being chased by mysterious figures when his father appears. Isaac, now clean from drugs, commits to preventing the New York bombing and Peter. An invisible man named Claude has something to teach one of the heroes. D.L. takes on new family responsibilities, and Matt opens up to his wife. H.R.G. continues to focus on the captive Sylar. Claire seeks out the Haitian and then her birth parents. Mohinder looks for those on the list, and receives a strange visitor."

A fine episode, I thought. Nothing spectacular but looks like they're building upto something good in the next couple of weeks.

Loving Christopher Eccleston's character (just because it's Christopher Eccelston really) and I was truly shocked and joyed to see Mr. Sulu himself turn up at the end of this episode. Though it'll seem a bit strange if Hiro keeps going on about Star Trek in front of him.

This weeks episode was 23 votes

Amazing!
    0%
    Great.
    13%
    gandalfT-b0n3User45701 3 votes
    Okay
    65%
    NietzscheanIvanMossy MonkStarkCabaaltbamonkeyfudgeSuaimhneachthelordofcheesedoonothingThe GnomeVegetaAgamemnonGran Hermanonightfox 15 votes
    Crap.
    21%
    Dont be at yourselfGoodshapeBernsHaven't a ClueOverheal 5 votes
    I'd rather watch Fair City!!
    0%

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Okay
    Thought it was pretty good to be honest, its moving alone nicely and as always looking forward to the next ep :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Okay
    i liked when Hiro met his father. and i wonder what the invisible man is going to do with Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nightfox

Okay
    It was cool the way the haitian helped Claire and I wonder what will happen with Mr. Bennet now that Sylar is back in the game!

Next ep is sure to be great!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Really enjoyed it but how does Hiro, who has mentioned Star Trek a few times already, explain how his father is Sulu? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Okay
    Well if anyone was going to have sulu as their father, it'd have to be hiro.

Solid stuff, and i'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Eccleston character. He still feels a bit doctor-ish though, albeit a beardy, theevin' doctor, who may also be doubling as the shows professor X.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Great.
    Ye 13 was a great episode i loved the mothers power, as i said in the main heroes post id love to see the oldest person with a power and if they where the first to develop one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Crap.
    Shouldnt the petrelli's mother have some sort of power then from what we've seen so far. Like claire's mom, mika as a result of niki & her fella. Just a thought :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

My Guess, it was Petrelli's father that may of been gifted not the mother. No reason really but I don't think its the mother

Great.
    then where did there parents get it?

does hiros dad have a power? - actually id say he does his dad seems to be powerful maybe yakuza so him having a power would make sense.

But some characters must have just evolved into the power as opposed to inheriting the gence

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The gene could lie dormant. Certain genes/traits can skip generations, so maybe their grandparents had abilities. Maybe it's just the one parent or maybe the gene is recessive (which I think means both have to have it). The latter would make it easier for Suresh to track people's abilities.

I wonder how Suresh was able to track people anyway. The Human Genome project mapped out the various combinations of DNA in humanity, sure but it didn't describe what they all do. More pointedly, it certainly didn't say who has a particular genetic combination. That I believe could only be done by testing each individual, leading me to believe that the original powers were some sort of experiment, where individuals were injected with certain genes discovered under the Genome project and Suresh got a hold of their names.
    Of course I'm probably going to be disappointed if I trust in the accurate science and feasability in a show about super powers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

roar_ie wrote:
    My Guess, it was Petrelli's father that may of been gifted not the mother. No reason really but I don't think its the mother
    That might explain why the father was mentally unstable and suicidal.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

***Ep. 13 spoilers:****

I presume the solar eclipse in the first episode had something to do with the development of powers for the main characters. However, there were obviously some who developed their powers early e.g. the haitian guy, sylar, the invisible guy who in ep. 13 suggests he had taught lots of others how to control their power.

Am I reading too much into the sudden development of their powers? If so, was the solar eclipse even important? Any thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Considering the explanation given for power development is genetic mutation, I don't see how the eclipse could help...and peters dreams definately started before, and i tihnk claires powers did too.

*some wiki later*

Yep, Claire had attempt number 6 pre-eclipse, peter had dreams, isaac had done some painting and hiro had stopped his clock. So I think the eclipse was just there because it looked cool, the powers choosing to manifest then were coincidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Crap.
    Wait. Is Claire's brother her actual brother or her step-brother?

Great.
    pretty sure its step brother

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Raphael wrote:
    Considering the explanation given for power development is genetic mutation, I don't see how the eclipse could help...and peters dreams definately started before, and i tihnk claires powers did too.

*some wiki later*

Yep, Claire had attempt number 6 pre-eclipse, peter had dreams, isaac had done some painting and hiro had stopped his clock. So I think the eclipse was just there because it looked cool, the powers choosing to manifest then were coincidence.

i thought it pretty much started for everyone "six months ago",hence the episode of the same name that showed them starting to get their powers.so it was well before the pilot episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,691 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Crap.
    I care not to think about it right now to be honest. According to the writers theyve discussed the shows plotline for 5 seasons: Im sure it'll get covered and I don't wanna worry about it right now.

though for you theorists consider The Sword. And consider the Eclipse only happens so often....it doesnt necessarily act as a trigger either: perhaps just an astrological marker. o.0

Advertisement