Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norton Anti Virus Help!

Options
  • 31-01-2007 9:44pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭

Any Syamtec experts out there....................

I had & still have my Norton Internet Security icon flashing & when clicked a window reads;

Outbreak Alert:Urgent Attention

'Your computer is not protected against the following rapidly spreading threats; Trojan.Peacom

(1) So I clicked the 'protect me now' key & it scans (the update virus definition box is ok & I am connected to the net), but after 2-3 mins it reads 'failed'

(2) The next window reads outbreak alert cannot protect your computer at this time please run Live update etc.

Do I need to throw the PC out over the balcony.............:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not just yet, throw your Norton anti virus disc out the Window though. :) There are better free anti virus programs out there like AVG, Anti-vir or avast! Do you have a firewall that might be blocking LiveUpdate or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Google for trend micro housecall and run an online scan. You may need to uninstall and reinstall NAV if it is acting up.

Cal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭mensreas

i had a similar prob wit nort a while back took me ages to figure out it kept tellin me i had a trojan or i was at risk etc eventually lost the head and uninstalled it with six months subsiption still on it discovered i had a virus after i installed avast (free!!!) so maybe u r havin somthin similar f**kin hate norton wirse than spyware!!!!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Thanks for your help folks.

I appears that NAV is not very popular around here.......:D

Benny

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Norton will cripple even a super new Quad core system!! Its horrible.
    The symantec Corporate edition is good but the home user one is crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Had that problem myself about a week ago. Just open the main window for the Anti-Virus and manually run Live Update from there. Worked straight away for me anyway.

Advertisement