Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ancients = n00bs...?

Options
  • 31-01-2007 9:44pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Okay, so my theory on this is simple.

The ancients created the replicators and the wraith, the two biggest enemies in the Pegasus Galaxy... [who're also trying to get to Earth].

Er, thats it. That's my theory.

Its just, they always seem so enlightened, and had all this wonderful technology... but they're total newbs creating all this havoc that wasnt there before.

I mean, logically it makes sense. With great power comes great responsibility, and one is bound to fu<k it up along the way... however... tis a bit much, no?

[Apologies if this was discussed previously.]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Tis all bohacky. Strange that the Ye ole enlightened ones created the replicators.

Tis like the invention of the phone or the process for refining alumininum, it was done by two humanoids at the same time. In this Galaxy Reese, the little broken emmotionaly unstable hot little android created the replicators as her toys(season five me thinks). Her neighbours then proclaimed that she was broken("far wiser people that we are" I think O' neils comment was) so she got vexed and thought her toys to replicate and protect themself. At the same time in Galaxy far, far away Yon englightened folk also managed to Bolo>< things up and create replicators.

And how come the wrait managed to advance technology wise so as to "rival" the aincents. Where the aincents like the Aldeans from TNG who just sat around for epoochs and forget how everything worked untill they got a boot to the posterior.

How come the Asgard(the coolest race ever, love them ships(why are they so big)) 30,000 years ago a sent a ship out with un-GM Asgard inside in suspended animation and it went ary and ended up drifting thru space and eventualy went thru the expance between our two galaxies and ended up on a rather inhospitable planet. If they could do all that 30k years ago how come they have not advanced further with their technology. If I were to lock myself in a room for 30,000 years with a few truck loads of raw materials I'm quite sure that I would have surpaced their current level of tech.

The olnly thing that allows evil to triump is for evil people to do evil things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

The ancients created the Pegasus replicators to fight the wraith and they became self aware then the ancients turned on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Ancients = n00bs. Fact.

With every passing episode of Antlantis this becomes more and more obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

less n00bs and more utterly arrogant bastards.
    They're kinda like a race of Mckays' except without other people to reign them in.

It's not that they didn't know what they were doing, they just assumed they could overcome it, because they were y'know, the frickin' ancients.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

haha, race of McKays... lol

I thnk their arrogance still qualifies them as n00bs!

Wonder when SGA will cop onto that fact and stop almost worshiping them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Maybe they were just .... bored. Think about it: You've conquered 2 galaxies through love and peace; populated them; and have the ability to convert your body into pure energy and back again.

Eventually, you look for a bit of excitement; and what better excitement than to say 'let's take this parasite, and "accidentally" introduce it to some humans, and watch them mutate and try and fight us off Mwahahaha' and then one day you realise 'Oh bollocks, that was a bad choice' ... kinda like what happened in Mystery Men, basically :)

In conclusion: You wanna know why they won't lift a finger? They are bored, and the universe is their television.

I agree, they should really hook up with the Q continum and they could have some real fun.

The Q continuum kick ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

:D this thread rocks!!

i lolled all over myself

Ancients = teh n00bz0r! tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

God yeah, Reese was hotness personified!

Stargate__3.jpg

Indeed. I always wondered if she was fully functional.

Bah, she was a midget.

Anise/Freya (not Vanessa Angel) owns the hottest sci fi bird crown.

Who watches Sci-Fi for a bone? Honestly; get the internet: Its BRILLIANT!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Everyone knows Lexa Doig was best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Hang on, hang on... I haven't kept up to date with my SGA ... you mean there are Pegasus galaxy replicators?! How'd that apparently happen and why oh why didn't the writing staff go "woah woah woah... there's this other show.. SG1.. and they've pretty much already explained the replicators,evolved the replicators and killed all the replicators. Y'know... maybe we should invent something new?" .

No: the last time they did that they kinda f*ked it up....hallowed c*nts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

They've really ****ed up the Ancients in SGA. They used to be all peace and love, and wise. Now, they are arrogant, annoying, dumb (exploding tumours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and incompetant.

At least they aren't dragging it through the mud like they are with SG1.........

.....................yet..........

Get out of it, the 2nd and 3rd seasons of Atlantis are covered in more mud then Sg-1 has ever been.

• Advertisement

^ Watch family ties again and I dare you to repeat that statement.

And Sg-1 has 5 awesome seasons follwed by a mixture of great and crap.
    Atlantis has 1 awesome season with two seasons mixed with greatness and crapness.

I won't debate that season 2 was a crock of ****e: every time I saw them try and recycle rainbow sun francks....ugh....

Season 3 was a definite improvement; I can only think of 3 episodes that truly repulsed me: Irresistible, the other irresistable, and the ark. Everything else will make lovely sunday afternoon reruns :)

Anyway keep this back on topic: Ancients = n00bs

Yeah I agree that season 3 was an improvment, but you're leaving out two, maybe three important factors about that season. 1) the whole Asuran/replicator thing, 2) Ronin is still alive and possibly a thrid 3) Beckitt was killed of pointlessly.

BUt yes, ancients are teh n00bs.

Advertisement