Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!!!!

Options
  • 31-01-2007 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Ok, I'm stumped. I have been fighting with this thing for days on end and working into the night... but I cannot get Flash Media Server to work.

I would love to call tech support, but they won't help because I don't have a support package...

Im willing to hire a consultant to setup the server...

Here is what is happening:

We have installed FMS and used all of the default settings.

I created a "sample" folder under the applications folder. I also added a _defInst_ folder:
    C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Flash Media Server 2\applications\sample\_defInst_

I then went to Flash 8 and created a test Flash Document and attempted to import the flv video file... however I get the following error:

================================================
    Failed to load FLV: rtmp://[IPAddress]/sample/sample.flv
    ================================================

I have also tried - rtmp://[IPAddress]/sample/sample (note the omission of the .flv at the end)

What am I missing?

I'm not trying to do anything fancy... I just want a video to play from the server.

I'm extremely disappointed that Adobe did not provide a sample with the FMS install.

Please Help! :confused:

Advertisement