Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lost Room

Options
  • 31-01-2007 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else seen this show? It was on last monday (I think) on sky2, which I think was a repeat from last wednesday on Sky1.

Anyway, the show itself is a sci-fi about a bizarre motel room and mundane type objects that have bizarre powers (a watch that's only power is it can boil an egg, or a pen that can electricute a person). I'm not sure how many episodes there are (it's a mini-series), but it was fantastic. It's kind of creepy at times and for the rest of it has you scratching your head wondering what the hell is going on (especially at the start!).

So has anyone else seen it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Yeah, I caught the repeat of the first episode last Thursday. Next part is on tonight at 9 on Sky One. Having seen a teaser for it last summer, I had expected the show to be somewhat darker and less humorous, but I was still pretty happy with the first one.

Heard its unlikely to be picked up as a full series though as the viewing figures weren't there in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Loved it! There's another thread around here about it....

... ahhhh, there we go!

But yes, the creators have said Sci-Fi aren't considering it for a full season. Bastards - was more inventive than anything on there in the last 5 years (besides 'BSG' and the hit-and-miss 'Eureka' last season)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah I heard that too. Pity really, but not entirely unexpected. I mean, Firefly, seriously, how was it cancelled?

humanji wrote:
    I mean, Firefly, seriously, how was it cancelled?
    Let's not get into that...

... and CUE qwertplay(whatever)! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Its a good series but Sci-Fi tend to put things out that never see the light of day again. They have some really good stuff out.

The Dresden Files for example is pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Its a very good show and I like the 2 hour long eps! Watch the 1st eps on sky and watched the rest on the web and I have to say I dont like the ending!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

basquille wrote:
    Let's not get into that...

... and CUE qwertplay(whatever)! :D
    you know me too well............and its qwertplaywert :D

every knows my opinions on Firefly and its VERY VERY untimly dismise........but why is it in here?about sci fi channel?

about Lost Room...........pure crap
    watched first hour ..................so boring and un-orginal.............tbh only watched because of Peter Krausep[i love Six Feet Under]

so boring and un-orginal
    Boring is a matter of opinion.. but it was enthralling!

But how was it un-original (i presume that's what you meant).... name one show like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

humanji wrote:
    I mean, Firefly, seriously, how was it cancelled?
    I'd say it was canceled because it was a poor show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

i'll put you through that window

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Firefly, seriously, how was it cancelled?
    Not something you can blame Sci-Fi for, is it? :)
    i'll put you through that window
    Take it elsewhere, kiddies.

Anyway, on topic;
    Sci-Fi tend to put things out that never see the light of day again.
    That wouldn't be such a bad thing if they were produced as actual fully-formed mini-series, rather than the introduction to what is wanted to be a full series.
    so boring and un-orginal
    Care to elaborate, or are you going to leave us guessing?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

so boring and un-original

Care to elaborate, or are you going to leave us guessing?

Rather than boring and unoriginal I'd just call it tedious. I was really looking forward to this when I heard the initial premise but the tone of the show is so all over the place that it just put me off after about 15 minutes.

Kind of glad that it's not getting renewed. Peter Krause deserves to grace the screen in something better than this!

Advertisement