Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOUSE md

Options
  • 31-01-2007 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Am I the only one who watches (and is completely addicted to) House?? I think it's the best show on TV and Hugh Laurie just won a Golden Globe and a SAG Award for his portrayal of Gregory House. How come it hasn't got a better time slot on a better channel already?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭sugark

You're not alone:) . I absolutely adore this show and am watching season two on the Hallmark Channel, 7.00pm Monday to Friday. Hugh Laurie is outstanding.

Channel 6, it seems to me, originally showed about 8 to 10 episodes of Season one when they first launched, then stopped it, and are now showing them again. Hopefully this time they'll show the entire season.

The US are on Season 3 already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

great show - bought series 1 & 2 from Amazon US.

Hallmark will be showing series 3 during this summer.

Shane.
    sugark wrote:
    You're not alone:) . I absolutely adore this show and am watching season two on the Hallmark Channel, 7.00pm Monday to Friday. Hugh Laurie is outstanding.

Channel 6, it seems to me, originally showed about 8 to 10 episodes of Season one when they first launched, then stopped it, and are now showing them again. Hopefully this time they'll show the entire season.

The US are on Season 3 already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

wow! i was logging on to post a topic about House now during my lunch lol.
    It is amazing i loved the season arc storys in season 1 and 3 where house dukes it out with some another person. season 2 was just as good although all stand-alone episodes.

The new episode season 3 episode 12 was aired last nite i cant wait to get home DHL are getting much faster with over seas shipping.

I actually think it is such a great show 2 full seasons and all of season 3 so far in 8 days means its good!

I don't know how i didn't hear about this show until last week
    and i am so supirsed this is the only thread on the show on boards (i did a search)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm 3/4 of the way through S2, thanks to someone from these here parts (you know who you are!). Think Laurie is fantastic, the only lead actor in a show at the moment who can compete with Shaloub in "Monk".

I don't actualy watch it generally for the medical mysteries which are probably nonsense and tend to be a bit formulaic: Weird disease, House accuses patient/other of lying because people always lie, House makes a diagnosis that matches symptom, diagnosis is inevitably wrong, House sees a trinket/poster/somethnig that lets him make a leap of intuition, House gets new diagnosis, patient saved. Most episodes follow this template and it'd be tiring except for House's snarky remarks. Anyone who disses a girl fighting lukemia is great :p

I also enjoy the other characters too - love the friendship with Wilson and the way House's lackeys jostle for favortisim whilst at the same time being driven mad by him. Also the way they mock Cameron's crush :)

Currently, my favorite medical drama and hopefully that won't change in the next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Phenomenal show.. what has made this season (well, besides Hugh Laurie) is David Morse as Tritter.

Fantastic piece of casting!

One of the most consistent shows on the telly at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

This article about House from yesterday's New York Times is really good; it explains how it has gradually built itself up to be one of the strongest and most original things on American tv right now.

I've only seen a couple of episodes but want to start watching more of it; really like Hugh Laurie.
    Also, from the article linked above, this is really interesting - the articles notes that there are a lot of similarities between House and a certain fictional detective:
    ...the brilliant mind for connecting obscure scientific clues, the drug habit, the antisocial behavior and, of course, the best friend who was his outlet to the real world. It was all easy to spot — especially when the friend’s name was Dr. James Wilson instead of Dr. John Watson.

“The Sherlock Holmes thing was part of it from the beginning,” Mr. Shore said. It is also the reason the character is called House. “That was our little joke,” Mr. Shore said. “Holmes, as in ‘home,’ becomes House.”

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

I'm up to Season 3 Episode 5 on peekvid.com (thank God for that site!) and absolutely could not love it more, which is saying something cos I don't really watch TV all that much.

The "houseisms" are hilarious:

[Dr. House is seeing a patient whose skin is bright orange seeking treatment for back pain]
    Dr. Gregory House: Unfortunately, you have a deeper problem. Your wife is having an affair.
    Orange patient: What?
    Dr. Gregory House: You're *orange*, you moron. And it's one thing for you not to notice, but if your wife hasn't picked up on the fact that her husband has changed colours, she's just not paying attention....

Why doesn't House have its own little page? It's miles better than Lost!

"Chase: How would you feel if I interfered with your personal life?
    House: I'd hate it. That's why I cleverly have no personal life."

"Stacy: What are you hiding?
    Dr. House: I'm gay. Oh! That's not what you meant. It explains a lot, though: no girlfriend, always with Wilson, obsession with sneakers..."

"Dr. Wilson: (over a microphone) House, this is God.
    House: Look, I’m a little busy right now. Not supposed to talk during these things. Got time on Thursday?
    Dr. Wilson: Let me check. Oh, I got a plague! How about Friday?
    House: I’ll have to check with Cameron.
    Dr. Wilson: Oh, that…she always wants to know why bad things happen. Like I’m going to come up with a new answer this time.
    Dr. Cuddy: House!
    House: Quick, God! Smite the evil witch!"

Or... for the best wet-yourself moment:

House: Hello, sick people and their loved ones! In the interests of saving time and avoiding a lot of boring chit-chat later, I'm Dr. Gregory House. You can call me Greg. I'm one of three doctors staffing this clinic this morning.
    Cuddy: Short, sweet, grab a file.
    House: This ray of sunshine is Dr. Lisa Cuddy. Dr. Cuddy runs this whole hospital so unfortunately she's much too busy to deal with you. I am a board-certified diagnostician with a double specialty of infectious disease and nephrology. I'm also the only doctor currently employed at this clinic who's forced to be here against his will. That is true, isn't it? But not to worry, because for most of you this job could be done by a monkey with a bottle of Motrin. Speaking of which, if you're particularly annoying you may see me reach for this. It's Vicodin - it's mine, you can't have any. And no, I do not have a pain-management problem, I have a pain problem. But who knows - maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm too stoned to tell. So, who wants me? (everyone stares)
    And...who would rather wait for one of the other two guys?
    (everyone raises their hands)
    Well, I'll be in Exam Room 1 if you change your mind.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

stargal wrote:
    Also, from the article linked above, this is really interesting - the articles notes that there are a lot of similarities between House and a certain fictional detective:
    Yeah, I was most amused to see House lived at 221B in one episode :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It is a brilliant show alright, one of the few I would actually get into.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its one of my favourite shows, and is consistantly brilliant. There have been very few weak episodes. The Tritter story arc was compelling stuff (but
    resolved a bit too easily, and a bit too soon
    )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

House is fantastic. must watch it more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭sugark

For anyone who hasn't caught it yet (or wants to indulge their Hugh Laurie love), the Hallmark Channel is having a "House" weekend, starting at 10:00am on 24th Feb and showing all of the first season over Saturday and Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

That Tritter thing pissed me off TBH! Dragged on too long for my liking.
    Every ep ending with a cliffhanger
    . Came to believe i was watching prison break/lost!

As for me loving house. Check out me bebo page in me sig!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Almost tempted to watch another episode of this, but probably won't. It's exactly as Ixoy described so I don't reckon any character, no matter how well conceived or acted could make it watchable.
    Could be wrong though...

Advertisement