Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate, SGA Season 3, Episode 19: Vengence [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 30-01-2007 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Ive been dying for this episode im gona watch it now before sg1

I have to say that was a pretty good episode and to my surprise there was actually suspense while they searched the caverns at the start there getting better with SGA.

Loved ronins grin when shepherd said they are heading back o the settlement

Rest of the episode was class i think that the whole wraith storyline just got allot better

Rate This Episode 14 votes

10 - This Is Why I Watch This Show
    0%
    21%
    Karl HungustelemachusUser45701 3 votes
    28%
    Kevokslade_xalastair_doomKojak 4 votes
    42%
    PugsleyMr Ethelordofcheeseis_that_soThe GnomeOverheal 6 votes
    7%
    Suaimhneach 1 vote
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - A Few More Like This And Ill Stop Watching
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yes, very enjoyable episode. I particularly like the Alien homage. Very well-staged all round.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Scared by suspense scenes, but thats just the woman in me...

Like that Micheal is evil, and such. Dont like the resemblance to alien. Wahts that rule in film making, completely rip something off but then refer to it, thereby cancelling out your ripping offness? Didnt work.

Hate the lotus bug though... ick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Pretty damn good episode, not much to say on it really, Ronan was unusually good, he actually said something of substance for once (the whole kill/stun Michael scene), and it advanced the wraith story a good bit.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Good but the "Alien" rip off meant it lost something for me, that being my favourite movie franchise. The fact they mentioned it still doesn't really make it a homage - more straight out steal.

Still I think Michael's the best villain they have on the show so very glad to see him back and his intelligence here makes him even more enticing. Bit irritating to have his comeback spoilt by the "Guest Star" credits but that's probably Union rules as much as anything.

Set itself up for a decent finale then. Good enough just stop ripping off good movies!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

2 good Stargate episodes in the one week - we haven't said that in a while :eek:

The episode itself was more of a filler/setting something up for season 4 (I can't see these creatures being in the season finale next week)

SGA needed a recurring bad-guy, especially since they got rid of Koyla, amd hopefully Michael will be that type of character. The one thing I didn't like was that teyla was magically saved at the last second by Ronan - The aratus bug was very slow in attempting to attach itself to her neck.

All in all, a very good episode which leaves the door open for further Michael episodes in season 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This was a nice one; but the whole Scoody-Dooesque plot didnt float me as high as it should have.

Advertisement