Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate, SG1 Season 10, Episode 14: The Shroud [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 30-01-2007 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

What did you all this one?

I read about it a while back so i was looking forward to it.

Rate This Episode 21 votes

10 - This Is Why I Watch This Show
    0%
    19%
    KevoksomujsenordingdongOverheal 4 votes
    38%
    Pugsleythe-gingUser45701thelordofcheeseslade_xThe Gnomehellboy99robnubis 8 votes
    28%
    Mr Esecret_squirrelDingChavezalastair_doomkdouglasKojak 6 votes
    9%
    Mountjoy MuggerSuaimhneach 2 votes
    4%
    is_that_so 1 vote
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - A Few More Like This And Ill Stop Watching
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

argh! the medieval village set is out again!! -1 point from me already

hmmm... good episode overall i guess, a bit light on the action at times, but there should be some interesting battle scenes coming up as a result. kind of good that they didnt just accept daniel's plan straight away, would've been too easy. ill give it an 8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i loved that episode both sg1 and sga episode 19 where amazing this week both 9/10

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Very good episode this evening, IMO. O'Neill back always makes the episode's rating increase and he wasn't just a bit-part character like before - it was like he never left. The one thing I found odd was he called Landry "sir", when before he would call him Hank :confused:

SG1 got a little bit dark this week when they immeaditly wanted to execute Jackson - a nice departure from the usual bad, but not really life threating, situations SG1 would normally be in.

I first thought that daniel would be a devout Ori follower and would resist SG1for most of the episode, thus wasting time talking sh1te. Good thing that didn't happen.

The killing of the Ori was a good decision, IMO, because we never saw them anyways so we're not missing out on anything. If anything it could make their followers more fanatical, thus opening up a few storylines based on more evil soldiers i.e shoot first and ask questions later.

I gave this ep an 8 because there was very little action - still it was a very enjoyable episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

kdouglas wrote:

You do realise they've been using that set longer then the Ori plot has been around.

I give this a ten.
    Utterly brilliant episode.

• Advertisement

You do realise they've been using that set longer then the Ori plot has been around.

of course, but getting sick of seeing it! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Good episode. Wasted a bit too much time with people talking trying to find out if daniel was evil.
    Seemed a bit too easy to take control of the ori ship too, and daniel in ori makeup looks spookily (even more) like mitchell.

Would have been a 6/10, but the surprise success at the end warrants at least an 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

I thought it was a good ep, I was looking forward to it for a while after having read about it on Gateworld.

But now a bit confused, are the Ori Dead? If so should all their technology not have stopped working? And are they going to finish the Ori story by the end of the series or going to leave it open for the film??

the-ging wrote:
    I thought it was a good ep, I was looking forward to it for a while after having read about it on Gateworld.

But now a bit confused, are the Ori Dead? If so should all their technology not have stopped working? And are they going to finish the Ori story by the end of the series or going to leave it open for the film??

Well we dont know if they are dead or not i would assume they are but i dont know also adreia could surive maybe at most her necklace wont protect her

There tech still works because it is tech, there gods are not there to guide them anymore so they will just act on there teachings. or maybe it didnt work we dont know...

Answer to film question
    The ori are in the first film but not the 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Was genuinely surprised at how good this episode was. I didn't think it still had it in it. It incorporated all that works with Stargate and showed how they can do an Ori story without the Ori preaching.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

kdouglas wrote:

I was about to say the same thing in a new thread, i mean ffs, its nearly identical to every single medieval set since the start of season 9. :/

a few more firefights with some ori warriors wouldn't have been frowned upon tbh, i still ain't getting no sense of the danger of the ori invasion, t o be perfectly honest they don't seem as dangerous as the goa'uld ever were, which is stupid since they are supposed to be the biggest and baddest in the universe

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I liked the funnies, and O'Neill, and Daniel and his great plan and lack of tolerance.

Yeah, O'Neill was back being his good 'ol funny self, without the need of a zaney script.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

The bits with o'neil and jackson were the highlights of the show, it showed the kind of chemistry thats missing in stargate these days.

A few questions, are the Ori really gone, are they going to seal the super gate back up, but overall a pretty decent episode.

which i feel odd in saying about Sg1 these days

The bits with o'neil and jackson were the highlights of the show, it showed the kind of chemistry thats missing in stargate these days.

A few questions, are the Ori really gone, are they going to seal the super gate back up, but overall a pretty decent episode.

User45701 wrote:
    Well we dont know if they are dead or not i would assume they are but i dont know also adreia could surive maybe at most her necklace wont protect her

There tech still works because it is tech, there gods are not there to guide them anymore so they will just act on there teachings. or maybe it didnt work we dont know...

I agree Shanks and Anderson always had great interaction especially in the mid-late seasons the jokes where the best

I really doubht becuuse as we all know already, the first Sg-1 movie will tie up the Ori storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I really doubht becuuse as we all know already, the first Sg-1 movie will tie up the Ori storyline.
    It ties up the Ori story line, but that doesnt mean it needs to have the Ori, their followers are still carrying that on, so I dont think its out of the question for the Ori to actually be dead, they are just after over doubling the size of their fleet.

Excellent episode though, good to see RDA get a real apperance again, not an action packed episode by any measure, but I dont think that took away from the episode really.

Pugsley wrote:
    It ties up the Ori story line, but that doesnt mean it needs to have the Ori,

I wonder. Maybe it wasn't meant to work, but then the show got cancelled so they re-wrote it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Indeed, loved the bit where O'Neill meets Daniel on the ship...

O'Neill: Well... this is new.

Jackson: Yeah, it's always something isn't it.

SG1 gold.

Odyssey having a cloak is gonna come in handy against the new Ori ships, also i'm hearing rumours yet another X304 will be introduced near the end of the season. (where do they build these things?)

• Advertisement

They don't build them
    They get them ready made in Walmart.

Tesco will be geting them next year.

Sw33t, im gonna get me a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

"So when does your carriage turn into a pumpkin again?"
    "Longing for the days when I actually carried a weapon; I'm down with crazy. I like crazy. Crazy and I are like 'that'."

10/10 :)

Advertisement