Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] 24, Day6, Hour6 (11am-12pm) [Spoilers]

Options
  • 30-01-2007 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

Review after Home and Away :)

[US] 24, Day6, Hour6 (11am-12am) 17 votes

5*****
    0%
    4****
    17%
    kaimera~Rebel~83ste 3 votes
    3***
    35%
    Mossy MonkMr Eslave1laforsSparkyMr. K 6 votes
    2**
    29%
    Lex_DiamondsLFCFanEglintonKojakL31mr0d 5 votes
    1*
    17%
    Elmotvnutzmickd 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

4****
    So the detention camp guys were just sheep. *chuckle* Stupid ending to it, the feds could have at least told him to move away once they knew.

Graham was at fault for the whole nuke thing. Hello daddy bauer. :)

Poor Nadia, good thing Miles is there to help. flirt ++.

Ah Karen, psyched out by dear old Tom. Prick.

Felt it was a great ep overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

1*
    Meh,not a great episode. nothing really happened. We already know Graham or whatever his name is, had something to do with the nukes since he was basically pulling the strings last season.

Tom is an ass,we knew that and karen goes to CTU to meet up with her hubbie.

The detention camp thingy was just totally pointless it seems. :rolleyes:

Wasn't greatly impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

3***
    I thought it was better than the last one.
    Detention camp was pointless alright, a dead end.

James cantwell (jacks dad) isn't the right actor for the job he's about 2 foot taller than his two 'sons'.

That middle eastern one working in ctu is definitely going to turn into an informer for fayed.....

Darren's girlfriend will die at some stage, he'll probably sacrifice her at some stage :)

So jack needs to escape again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

3***
    lafors wrote:
    James cantwell (jacks dad) isn't the right actor for the job he's about 2 foot taller than his two 'sons'.
    I thought it was pretty good casting, actually. Oh, and its James Cromwell.

Good episode, and I agree with you about the middle eastern girl in CTU... (especially since Milo logged her in).

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

tbh, I didnt think much of this episode at all. The weakest of day 6 so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭lukin

Very weak ep all in all. It's only saving grace was the appearance of Jack's pop at the end.
    I am really getting to detest that cockney twat and his irritating slapper wife.
    I suppose after the excitment of the opening four eps there was bound to be a lull.

Hour 7 looks promising though:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPXyp2Jtttg

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

1*
    Poor series so far imo they went for guns & bombs no plot substance. Only decent characters are Jack & Buchanan. Rest of the chatacters are paper thin. One would miss Tony Almedia and Michelle Dressler. They even got that gob****e out of Ally McBeal playing the white house baddie. Worst possible thing was to win the Golden Globe last year it seems to have gone to their head. Thought the introduction of Jacks father was very lacklustre none of the drama that 24 is famed for. I live in hope that the plot will become more substantial as the series goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Weak episode in all.

The show's saving grace right now is Peter McNichol as Tom - as i've said before, a brillant piece of casting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

2**
    filler episode tbh. I watched hours 5 and 6 back to back so it didn't seem so bad, but still little really happened.

Also, wtf is up with Karen, she seems to be on decent speaking terms with the Pres, why couldn't she just fill him in on what Tom is up to behind the presidents back? I couldn't see any reason in staying so tight lipped about it, and Tom would never know. Either way I guess that would be too simple.

guarantee that jack "somehow" gets free within the first 5 minutes of episode 7, I have a niggling feeling that they are going to kill off his dad as well, forcing jack into seeking revenge against his brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

1*
    No not the greatest episode. I felt the Dentention (internment) camp was a good twist but it was to small just to carry one episode. It makes you think again that the writers aren't afaid to bring people to the point of think that prehaps internment camps are a good thing and then to turn that view on its head by saying these guys no nothing what did you expect (but then they will prob turn that on its head or Walid is part of the terrorist group).

Chloe is wasted so far this season she really needs to get out of CTU the character does really work that well in CTU, even in season 4 she had a better part.

Overall a poor episode.

I would try and think of a really small actress that could play Jack's mother hence solving the height issue but I cann't be bothered. :)

Also could the treads just be called Day6, Hour# (--am->--pm) [spoilers] no need to put US in the title just means that we have others doing up threads for Sky which is only a few weeks behind anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Kel Varnsen

We're level with the US, for now anyway.

I agree with Mickd about the characters, Jack is the only one I have an ounce of concern for anymore. CTU, with the exception of Nadia's hotness, has become a real bore these days. Even if, like the last two eps, the plot's a little iffy, the presence of say....Tony(why?!:( ) and Mason in CTU would still keep things at an interesting enough level. The whitehouse isn't much better. Sandra's a whiny, irritating bitch, Morris isn't particularly funny at all, and Milo doesn't have the personality to be more than a computer-fixer. I'm also hoping the writers are trying to mislead us with that kid possibly being Jack's; we've been down that route with Kim. I do not want to see Jack's son getting kidnapped next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

2**
    Very average episode, IMO.

Can see Nadia becoming an insider for Fayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

yeah i got the feeling that kid could be jacks aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

3***
    They really have to develop the CTU gang, the only ones we really know are Bill and Chloe. The lack of Jack in this episode made it seem like a filler. But if there were more people we knew in CTU, we wouldn't notice these things. And I don't like Sandra Palmer, at all! Hopefully she'll get less irritating...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

4****
    Mr. K wrote:
    And I don't like Sandra Palmer, at all! Hopefully she'll get less irritating...

...or killed off. Agreed anyway, such a whiney beatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

3***
    There's been enough killing of good guys for a while! Oh, and I read that things are gonna pick up again in the next episode. I have no idea how, but it's enough to make me kinda excited about tomorrow night's episode!

Advertisement