Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony ACID Pro

Options
  • 29-01-2007 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Just got this software and was wondering if anyone here has used it and could shed some light on its performance and reliability.

Is it good enough for a radio documentary?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

That is not what it is made for. It is a loop based sound/editing application primarily designed for making music tracks.
    I have used it for that and found it brilliant.

What you need is its sister program soundforge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

Figment wrote:
    That is not what it is made for. It is a loop based sound/editing application primarily designed for making music tracks.
    I have used it for that and found it brilliant.

What you need is its sister program soundforge.

Got soundforge and it was good for tidying up and compressing the various files. In the end I used ACIDpro for the production and it told the early story of Thin Lizzy really well!

Seriously the end product is excellent. Just remember to reset the tempo in ACID for short files, otherwise you get a chorus effect.

Advertisement