Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Warranty info HELP required

Options
  • 29-01-2007 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi all,

Bought a 00 Passat with a reputable VW dealer 4 Months ago. Warranty was 6 Months warrenty or 6000 Miles. We have clocked up nearly 10000. the problem is last weekend the injector pump stopped and we are now looking at a bill of around 1500 to get it fixed.

Do I have a leg to stand on with the garage ??
    Is this a popular problem with Passats??
    How was it caused???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

peadair 11 wrote:
    Warranty was 6 Months warrenty or 6000 Miles. We have clocked up nearly 10000.
    Not meaning to be smart, but I think 10000 is more than 6000 :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 peadair 11

I know the warrenty is void due to the Mileage, But was Just wondering was there any similar cases out there that can help me. I mean, to shell out another 1500 to get the car moving again just after 4 Months is ridiculus. As I mentioned previously this car was bought off a VW garage with a reputable Name in the industry

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

peadair 11 wrote:
    I know the warrenty is void due to the Mileage, But was Just wondering was there any similar cases out there that can help me. I mean, to shell out another 1500 to get the car moving again just after 4 Months is ridiculus. As I mentioned previously this car was bought off a VW garage with a reputable Name in the industry

All you can do is approach them about it, they may agree to cover the labour cost or something as a goodwill gesture.

If they don't, check around for prices elsewhere.

If it were me, I'd go in with the "I only have this 4 months" bit and say nothing about the mileage. You never know.... ;)

Advertisement