Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You're A Star question

Options
  • 29-01-2007 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Question for anyone that watched it as the RTE site has not been updated, anyone know who was eliminated tonight?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭fobs

Susan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Ah well, can't say her last two performances have been great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Ah well, can't say her last two performances have been great.
    Can't say the vast majority of performances have been anything above average. Look at the two women we have this year and compare them to the likes of Lucia Evans and Marilyn Bane from last years show? Bad year for women I think.
    And the male performers aren't much better. With the exception of 21 Demands the only acts who show much potential are Andy Bennett and Andrew Grafton, and he was elimated two weeks ago!
    Also, Scuba Sh*te? Need I say more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭BAZM8

What is the point of this show.... No-one on it is going to make a career in music outside of their parish. what have the previous winners done?? Mickey harte was the most successful and he's nowhere internationally. (not to mention donna + Joe, Lucia Evans... Six!!!!)

No-one except for the contestants friends neighbours and family votes so the person with the biggest phone base wins rather than the "best" singer/ entertainer.

The whole thing is a huge waste of time and it's up with winning freaks for the worst use of licence payers money...Christ RTE spend the cash on that ****e Killinaskully instead. While crap at least it comes under the banner of original programming.
    Rant over...i need a lie down...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

i think it really showcases talent for the nation, and brendan oconnor can constructively criticise acts seen as he had a hit with "jesus in the house".....cant wait for his next song

• Advertisement
Advertisement