Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gateways and Hubs

• 28-01-2007 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

GatewaysandHubs.jpg

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Derry is listed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A-ha! The takeover by infrastucture begins! (That graphic is 'offical' btw)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Now compare that map with the civil service decentralisation plan. And just for reference, a constituencey map showing where FF are looking to defend/gain seats in the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭nordydan

Monaghan & Armagh and Dundalk & Newry should also be linked. In fact, the latter is unofficially happening as it is policy of both councils. Another victory for the cause...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

The only thing that is going to happen between donegal and derry is better roads, this isnt a plot by the irish goverment to move into the north

I'm happy with the Limerick>Shannon>Ennis idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Tell me what is a gateway and what is a hub? I see the silly gateway sign everytime I go to Mullingar but dont have a clue whats it about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gateway big, hub smaller. The idea is to have "critical mass" in the largest population centres where the big stuff is centred then the hubs feed off/from the Gateway with secondary infrasture/industry etc. The gateways are connected by major routes (but not just yet eh?) to provide rapid access and
    comfortable volume throughput.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

or maybe I can dumb it down a bit more
    gateway => were people work
    hub=> were people live

• I dont think that it's quite as simple as that.

Hubs : major areas of manufacturing
    Gateways : major areas of manufacturing & distrubution centres

I believe the thoery is, goods will flow around the country via the strategicaly placed gateways.

Advertisement