Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Civic 1.4 SR 2005 - Good Value?

Options
  • 28-01-2007 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

I have been given first option from a garage on a 2005 Honda SR 1.4.
    It has 25,000 miles on the clock and a genuine one lady owner. It was purchased from and serviced in the honda dealer in question.

I have looked at all equivalent cars on CBG and CarZone etc and it seems like really good value as they vary from 16-18k. However a friend was wondering if these sites have yet updated the 2006 prices?

He is looking for 15K and says he wont budge on the price. If I do get it and he refuses to lower the price, what else could I ask him to throw in, tyres, petrol etc??

I know there are loads of these kind of questions but this is only my second ever car (driving a 95 golf for the last 6 years) and I want to get as many opinions as possible..........so 15k for this car.....worth it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭jimbozo

Hope its ok to resurrect my own thread. Posted on a Sunday evening (maybe a bad time). Wondering if anyone has any opinions on the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I don't reckon used old model Civics are expensive when outside the Honda network. You're far more likely to get a better deal from another brand selling a Civic.
    What kind of spec does an SR model have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭jimbozo

What kind of spec does an SR model have?

Its the same as the 1.4 S, but has a sunroof.

In terms of getting a honda from a non-honda dealer. I only saw one and it was 16.5k in a Ford dealership. Same mileage.

Is it much of a minus that the model was replcaed by the new one? In terms of resale?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The new one is much, much more attractive in my eyes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yup, those old type saloons were very poorly finished and specced. We had an S model just after christmas and it was like stepping back a decade.

The Civics always made up for their dull interiors with lovely engines, but the 1.4 is quite slow and feels no quicker than a Bora or Focus.

I wouldn't pay that money unless it had all the toys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement