Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyre Questions

Options
  • 28-01-2007 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping to get new wheels for my car in the next few months and was looking around for tyres. I've been looking at Falken FK-452s or Toyo Proxes T1-R. I'm leaning towards the Toyos. Where would be best to buy these tyres? Is there any cheaper options with similar performance? If I buy them off the internet would I have trouble getting them fitted to the rims here?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Try www.eiretyres.com for prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Yea, thats where I was looking earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I didn't see a huge saving between the net and some of the better tyre places.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

bennyx_o wrote:
    I've been looking at Falken FK-452s or Toyo Proxes T1-R. I'm leaning towards the Toyos.

Cheers.

I had the Falkens on 15" rims 205/15 IIRC on a V-TEC Integra. Wasn't impressed at all, too hard and skiddish in the wet - upside is long lasting. Best tyres I've had by a mile (sorry . . . ) were Goodyear Eagle F1s. Very soft so wear quickly but superb grip, the angel looking over your shoulder as it were.

ZEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Where did you get the Goodyear Eagle F1s and how much were they. I've BF Goodrich on at the moment and finding them ok.

• Advertisement
Advertisement