Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW CD player and rear spoiler?

Options
  • 28-01-2007 2:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭

hey guys just bought a 318ci and i want to pick up a cd player for it! it already has a 8 cd changer in the boot but would like to get a cd head unit as well. Also would like to pick up an original BMW spoiler. would appreciate any help in locating these somewhere in ireland. cheers guys!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

scrap yards?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Are you wanting to replace the OEM dashboard 'section' or does it not have one? Why would it have a changer in the boot without its corresponding head unit?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

it currently has a cassette head unit but would like to change this to a single cd player in car which would control the changer in the boot!

You can get headunit sections on ebay but they can be pricey enough.

saw a few of those alright on ebay, fairly pricey! does anybody know any decent scrap yards in kerry/cork/limerick area? might be the best option!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Hi Wanabe,

I'm presuming it's an E46, as the E36 had a standard DIN head unit....

I had the same problem, my E46 came with a tape player... I kept an eye out on Ebay, got one for €80, + €15 postage from the states, it arrived in under a week... it's very quick to fit... very happy with it.

When you get one from the US, you have to re-program it so that the FM tunner will tune to both odd and even frequencies ( the US just seem to use odd FM frequencies ). This is done from the head unit it's self after you install it, by pressing buttons in a specific order... If you get one from the US i have the instructions here on my PC about how to change the tunner settings.

There is another option, halfords do a converter to allow the E46 to take a standard DIN shape radio/CD, not sure how it would look, but have seen them.

Also keep an eye on boards someone sold one on boards here not so long ago for about €100.

check out both sites in my sig also for ones for sale (can't think of any though)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,196 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You could also try Tranors up North.

bazz26 wrote:
    You could also try Tranors up North.
    http://www.traynors.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm also on the lookout for a CD player, couldn't bare the thought of putting an aftermarket CD player in there, it just wouldn't look right IMHO... Keep an eye out on eBay

kbannon - You'll be glad to know i'm "One of you" now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭milltown

If you want a new CD player and want to take advantage of the €/$ rate (and take a gamble on whether you'll be caught for tax) you could look here:
    http://www.europeanautosource.com/

cheers for all the suggestions guys! ebay def seems to be the best option!! if anybody happens to come across one while surfing feel free to drop me a p.m! thanks again guys!

hey guys will this one be compatible with my boot cd changer, steering wheel conrols etc.??? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dill?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110084478447rd=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

I recently installed a full Alpine system in a friends E46 coupe. The headunit installation was a nightmare. Theres literally no space behind the dashboard to place the block converter and pre out leads. I got it done eventually but it took roughly 6 hours. All the cables and the block had to be placed behind the passenger side of the dashboard.

Advertisement