Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Free Parking in Rathmines?

Options
  • 28-01-2007 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

I gotta be there all day Tuesday and I'd love to drive but I don't fancy dropping a mint in parking costs.

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

There used to be one or two spots at the junction of Lwr Rathmines Rd & Upr Rathmines Rd (on the left heading out of town) but these may be gone now.
    See about parking in a resedential area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Park in the Tenters and walk the one bridge down to Rentmines. Simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Cheers guys. I assume Tenters is something I can find on my map? As for residential areas, yeah I was thinking of that, but usually they have a meter on them as well, if they're central enough, which Rathmines kind of is.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I think tenters = tenement flats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

No cigar, sorry, Kbannon! The Tenters is the area stretching from Donore Avenue up to Hanlon's Corner. So named because they made the canvas for tents, and the tents themselves there. The pay parking starts after Griffith Barracks, so if the OP goes into say, Blackpits, Oscar Square, Ebeneezer Terrace etc etc, he has only a short walk to Rathmines. Alternatively he could put a bike in his boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

isnt that cricket thing there. Maybe free in there.

Failing that rathmines has a lot of buses pass through it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

damnyanks wrote:
    isnt that cricket thing there. Maybe free in there.

Failing that rathmines has a lot of buses pass through it
    Cricket grounds is always locked up these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Thanks, everyone.

I need to cart around a lot of stuff with me, so busses are out. Some walking would be fine though. Looks like I can take the car so!

I love it when a plan comes together ;)

Advertisement