Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How Often do you (permeantly) lose your car keys?

Options
  • 27-01-2007 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Was thinking about this today and realised I've never permenantly lost the keys to any of my cars. The thing is though, in the last 2 years I've bought 4cars, all of which only came with 1 key. Now 3 were over 10 years old and the other 8 but still.

The rover and the accord werent an issue because they were standard keys that I was able to get cut for about €5. But the 2 safranes have coded keys for alarm/immobeliser and was qouted €170 for a new key, which I assume will get more expensive if I lose the only one I have.

I bought a new Clio in 2000 and still have both keys. The only reason the spare was ever used was because the battery went in the original when I was in a hurry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It's only happened me once so fat (touches wood). I lost one set of keys to a peugeot 406 on new years eve 2002. Fortunately I had a second key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Stekelly wrote:
    Was thinking about this today and realised I've never permenantly lost the keys to any of my cars. The thing is though, in the last 2 years I've bought 4cars, all of which only came with 1 key. Now 3 were over 10 years old and the other 8 but still.

The rover and the accord werent an issue because they were standard keys that I was able to get cut for about €5. But the 2 safranes have coded keys for alarm/immobeliser and was qouted €170 for a new key, which I assume will get more expensive if I lose the only one I have.

I bought a new Clio in 2000 and still have both keys. The only reason the spare was ever used was because the battery went in the original when I was in a hurry.

When you say more expensive, read: incredibly more expensive. A mate lost the only key he had to his Alfa 146 a couple of years ago and paid over 800 quid as an entire new ignition and immobiliser system had to be fitted. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

When you say more expensive, read: incredibly more expensive. A mate lost the only key he had to his Alfa 146 a couple of years ago and paid over 800 quid as an entire new ignition and immobiliser system had to be fitted. :eek:

Think I'll keep it on a chain round my neck so. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hav'nt lost a key in 25 years, I only have one key atm, but it looks standard (alarm/immobil on a seperate aftermarket fob) so should get a copy made!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

never lost a key. i have a spare in the gaff just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,032 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Never lost a key - yet!

Advertisement