Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rescue Me

Options
  • 27-01-2007 4:33pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Back on Sky in February.

Cant wait

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I've seen the third series and it's well worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

What series is that? I have only seen the first series and I loved it, but I can`t find the second series on anywhere and I don`t want to skip straight through to the third series. Great first series though!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The third series is fantastic!

Wwithout a doubt though, the best scene in Season 3 is still
    Garrity sleepwalking
    .. feckin hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Excellent series tbh. Got into it in the states last summer.

Was the season3 finale MAJOR
    denis learly in the burning house?

I'm not up to date as to whats been shown on tv here and what I saw in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

kaimera wrote:
    Was the season3 finale MAJOR
    denis learly in the burning house?
    Indeed it was... will be back for Series 4 in the Summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

basquille wrote:
    Indeed it was... will be back for Series 4 in the Summer.

Excellent news. I missed the first few eps stateside so at least I know to watch them this time round :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

basquille wrote:
    The third series is fantastic!

Wwithout a doubt though, the best scene in Season 3 is still
    Garrity sleepwalking
    .. feckin hilarious!
    Funny I knew exactly what was behind that spoiler before reading it - brilliant scene!

Really enjoyed the season. One of the best group of characters on a drama right now and just the right mix of humour and drama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I downloaded the 1st ep of season 1, a few months ago, and loved it, so after having watched it again yesterday (and some Denis Leary stand-up) I decided to get the box set :) €60 in HMV!!! :eek: So I decided to order it off the interweb ;) Play.com do it with free delivery for like €25, but don't deliver DVDs to Ireland, so on SendIt.com I got it for around €35. Still good value compared to retail.

Now we play the waiting game......!!! :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

DaveMcG wrote:
    Play.com do it with free delivery for like €25, but don't deliver DVDs to Ireland, so on SendIt.com I got it for around €35. Still good value compared to retail
    Yes they do. You just need to convert the prices to Euro before buying...

Dang

• Advertisement

DaveMcG wrote:
    I downloaded the 1st ep of season 1, a few months ago, and loved it, so after having watched it again yesterday (and some Denis Leary stand-up) I decided to get the box set :) €60 in HMV!!! :eek: So I decided to order it off the interweb ;) Play.com do it with free delivery for like €25, but don't deliver DVDs to Ireland, so on SendIt.com I got it for around €35. Still good value compared to retail.

Now we play the waiting game......!!! :D
    Should be here tomorrow :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Hang on, is there some kind of mass practical joke going on in the TV forum?
    9/11 Rescue 9/11 Me 9/11 is surely the worst piece of televisual garbage ever to see the light of day, no?
    There can't actually be people who like it? Although if it's got as far as a third series...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

the first season of Rescue me was good, the second was some of the worst tv I have ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Aaron M

9/11 Rescue 9/11 Me 9/11 is surely the worst piece of televisual garbage ever to see the light of day, no?

Have you ever actually watched any of it ? I used to think the same thing before I sat down and actually seen a couple of episodes. The show is absolutely hilarious, and there's not nearly as many references to 9/11 as you might think.

I'm looking forward to the new series on Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

the name of the show put me off for ages, and indeed i unfairly gave it a good slating before even watching it.
    Its actually quite gritty and irreverant to the whole 'America's heroes' thing- actually surprisingly good viewing

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I watched the whole first series (I had no internet at the time and had run out of decent stuff to watch). It was brutal, though admittedly a damn sigh better than French *shudder* TV.

I watched the whole first series and thought it was brilliant. Can't wait to get my hands on series two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Did anyone ever see The Job with Denis Leary?
    I love that show but they only made 19 episodes (have the DVD though :), actually mloc has it :(, sonofabitc...).

I see Leary got his TV show with this and there's even a few of the same actors in it, I've been meaning to watch it.

How does the Job rate against Rescue Me? Haven't seen it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Well I haven't seen Rescue Me sooo... :p

I found The Job pretty good for a laugh, I think Rescue Me is slightly more dramatic whereas The Job was just about Leary and his cop buddies in funny situations!
    http://www.tv.com/the-job/show/908/summary.html?q=the%20job&tag=search_results;title;0

There's one great character in it that doesn't get a line in the whole series, everytime they talk to him he's eating or interrupted, it's classic run on joke. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

BopNiblets wrote:

I found The Job pretty good for a laugh, I think Rescue Me is slightly more dramatic whereas The Job was just about Leary and his cop buddies in funny situations!
    http://www.tv.com/the-job/show/908/summary.html?q=the%20job&tag=search_results;title;0

There's one great character in it that doesn't get a line in the whole series, everytime they talk to him he's eating or interrupted, it's classic run on joke. :D

Have the job on DVD at home. One of the best shows ever. Pity they only made one season. Its very similar the way its set up. His a Drunk, cheats etc. Only difference is their jobs

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

BopNiblets wrote:

Have the job on DVD at home. One of the best shows ever. Pity they only made one season. Its very similar the way its set up. His a Drunk, cheats etc. Only difference is their jobs

BopNiblets wrote:

Al is great when he gets drunk with crazy man in central park

Advertisement