Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Places selling used cars in dublin

Options
  • 27-01-2007 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hey looking to buy my first car, something like a polo. looking around the 2000-2500 range. can people recommend a few garages in dublin to look at. My problem is that i am dependant on public transport so the garages need to be easy to get to by bus/luas etc? any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

Id go with a private sale personally if you are buying in that price range, youll get the same car minus the garages markup profits..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Dapos wrote:
    Hey looking to buy my first car, something like a polo. looking around the 2000-2500 range. can people recommend a few garages in dublin to look at. My problem is that i am dependant on public transport so the garages need to be easy to get to by bus/luas etc? any suggestions?
    At that kind of money, i'd recommend that you enlist the help of a friend who knows a bit about cars and buy privately. Have a look on carzone.ie, they have both private and trade ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭flanzer

Anywhere along the Naas Rd. up as far as the Red Cow......tonnes of dealers along here you can play off each other! Luas runs up the middle of it also

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

Hey, sent you a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

flanzer wrote:
    Anywhere along the Naas Rd. up as far as the Red Cow......tonnes of dealers along here you can play off each other! Luas runs up the middle of it also

Naas Road and used car dealers.... always makes me nervous.

Some of these chaps are selling right tat, anyway they probably won't have anything in that price range.

Totally agree with above - scour the papers/CBG/Buy&Sell etc. for a private sale. More genuine than dealers selling stuff especially in that bracket.

Advertisement