Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help Required

Options
  • 26-01-2007 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Just wondering if anyone can help me out with a couple of enquiries.
    I got a few bits and pieces (Lights, Audio Visual) for my car and they run off 12 volt power sources. Now I want to know is it possible to get an external 12 volt power supply (Mount it in boot or glove box) and run these item off this rather than wire them to the battery.
    It would have to include a switch for the lights.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Why not run them from your battery?Once the cars engine is running you should have no problem with draining.

If its a big current drawing audio system you may want to look at a split chraged system and a sealed battery in the boot.

Either ways if you intend on using a second battery it will need a split charge relay or it will go dead fairly sharpish.You'l also be looking for a drycell sealed battery.

There not cheap though,200+ for a optima/exide or stinger one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 h12345

Cheers for the info.
    i guess i'll just run them to the battery!
    Another question , if anyone can help
    I've a 1998 Honda Integra DC1, any idea where I could get translation of the fuse board?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

What specific wires are you looking for from the box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 h12345

Hey, my rear lights went and this only happened afetr a fuse was changed
    when I went to the fuse box, the bloody template is in japanese

Advertisement