Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Focus estate V Astra estate

Options
  • 26-01-2007 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I am looking for your opinions on this. I am getting a new company car later this year, and want something that suites the family.
    Anyway due to an impending new baby I need a biggish car ( have a couple of sprogs already), and alas due to company car allowence I cant get a 7 seater.
    So basically I am thinking of getting an estate.
    I have a choice of either the focus estate or Astra estate , but they will be the base model ( No extra's) allowed.
    So I am looking for your opinions.

** edit ** this is the only option I have, Astra or Focus, so no small mpv's etc

Thanks in advance

Chef

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,012 ✭✭✭✭unkel

chef wrote:
    due to an impending new baby I need a biggish car ( have a couple of sprogs already)

I take it all three will require baby / child seats? Beware that many cars do not fit 3 seats in the back. Perhaps small MPVs do - try before you buy though!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

unkel wrote:
    I take it all three will require baby / child seats? Beware that many cars do not fit 3 seats in the back. Perhaps small MPVs do - try before you buy though!

Sorry unkel, should have clarified.
    The 2 kids I already have are 11 and 7, so only 1 child seat needed.
    But indeed will look to try before I buy

chef

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Provided you can live with the looks (and image), consider the likes of Citroen Berlingo Multispace, Renault Kangoo, Fiat Doblo ...those sliding doors are ever so useful plus they should come in at a price that may allow for a few extras.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If it's a base 1.4 LX estate it'll be pretty lethargic.

The 1.6 is much better and you can get a "Connection Pack" at the moment which is great value. Lot's of gadgets at a very fair price.

I can't comment on the Astra.

Advertisement