Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Corsa - Replacment key

Options
  • 26-01-2007 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I have just bought a second hand 05 Opel Corsa but it has only come with one key and the security keycard is missing. The dealer (not opel) said they would cover the cost of a replacement key. Anybody know what this will cost and how long it will take to get a new key.:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Presumably the key will be sent from the Opel factory and so could take a week or two.
    As for cost: if the dealer is paying what do you care?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Guts of €200 I'd say. It involves a special key with a chip (more than likely anyway), and programming your car's computer to accept the new key. License to print money.

You or the dealer will probably need to contact an Opel dealer, show them that you are the owner (VLC) and provide the VIN. Might take a couple of weeks.

I priced a replacement key for an Audi A4 from a dealer and was quoted €45 for the physical key and €100 to hook up the computer and pair the key. Oh, and VAT on top of that. Brings it to around €175. Opel may be slightly cheaper buy won't be by much.

Advertisement