Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which car...

Options
  • 25-01-2007 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭

Ok this year I hopefully will be taking out a loan and buying a new (used) car. Let's say I take out €10,000 (ball park, might be more). I should get at least 2500 for my 98 VW Polo. So lets say I have €12000 to spend.

I want a car that is faster, obviously, but something which is enjoyable to drive, preferably German (but doesn't have to be), less than 75k on the clock. It MUST have:

1. Climate Control (with Air conditioning)
    2. All electrics, including electric+heated mirrors, like I have on the Polo.
    3. Must look good, but more importantly the interior must be pleasant/modern enough. Something I'll enjoy getting into and diving away. (Not bashing my polo, if it had a/c and air recirculation I would seriously consider keeping it longer).
    4. Not older than 2000.
    5. Alloys.

I really have my eye on a BMW 316/318, but I would have to sacrifice mileage and year to get one on my budget. I don't feel comfortable spending 12k on a car with close to 100k on the clock. (But damn they look amazing and have everything I want.)

Anyway, I know there are other nice cars out there, just want to get some opinions. I've been looking at Audis, Passats/Golfs and the like, but havent seen any that catch my eye.

Comments

Advertisement