Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courses for this year up on the official site

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

What?! No Game theory? D:

I see 21st century science or whatever it's been called has been renamed "investigative science". That's just taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Weird, speech therapy. Globalisation has a great abbreviation. "GLOB". I bet that'll be the cool class. Bunch of globs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Thursday*

Yeah, I'd love to do Globalisation, but it's in S2. And I'm a sheep.....baaaa.....

Speech therapy's an odd one alright....

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

Drama=S1=bad. But Novel Writing sounds really cool :D.

Bwa ha ha ha ha, we wrested Drama back!!! *laughs evilly and immaturely*

Why, oh why, am I on boards twice in one day? I have no life at all....*goes to get life*....................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

Thursday* wrote:
    Bwa ha ha ha ha, we wrested Drama back!!! *laughs evilly and immaturely*

Why, oh why, am I on boards twice in one day? I have no life at all....*goes to get life*....................

Well, I'm joining you in the need to get a life group...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Was talking to Colm at the YS and saw the list of subjects on the Oversea's brochure (I suppose you'd call it that.........) He said he'd give me Philosophy this year, seeing as I'm a nevermore. Unfortunately there are a lot of courses that interested me there, and now I'm a nevermore. I think for the last week I'll try and move to as many classes as possible.......

Many might say that Legal Studies only in Session 2 is a big lose. Session 1 seems to have better courses, might be to woo more people over but I doubt it being that Sess 1ers are now known as being just generally better people, but they can't be since the unforgiveable incident (I'm in session 2 by the way.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Was talking to Colm at the YS and saw the list of subjects on the Oversea's brochure (I suppose you'd call it that.........) He said he'd give me Philosophy this year, seeing as I'm a nevermore. Unfortunately there are a lot of courses that interested me there, and now I'm a nevermore. I think for the last week I'll try and move to as many classes as possible.......

Many might say that Legal Studies only in Session 2 is a big lose. Session 1 seems to have better courses, might be to woo more people over but I doubt it being that Sess 1ers are now known as being just generally better people, but they can't be since the unforgiveable incident (I'm in session 2 by the way.)
    My little sis said that you claimed to be 17 in 2006? Hmmmm

Anyway, just looking at the course choice for Session 2, its shockingly biased to the Humanities. Eg, there's countless Humanities exclusive courses, yet only one Science Exclusive course (TP). Not to mention the ridiculous difference in the range of choices in favour of those who only qualified in the humanities (not counting the allrounders, obviously).

Yes I did. Were you the one who revealed that to the person it was lyed to? I'm sure you did actually. Funny joke but I don't think he thought so.............

You're right about the Humanities bias, but doesn't that sort of reflect majority preference?

And more people seem to qualify only for English than qualify only for Maths.

Of course I might just not have come across the Maths-onlys as much, because I've done Humanities courses, which were put in RA Groups with other Humanities courses, yada yada.

Go allrounders! Woo!

Re: 'unforgivable incident' - Weren't you listening? That wasn't Session 1, it was the CHILDREN. :D

Session 1ers often think S2 has better courses: it's probably a case of grass-is-greener on both sides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Thursday* wrote:
    You're right about the Humanities bias, but doesn't that sort of reflect majority preference?

And more people seem to qualify only for English than qualify only for Maths.

Of course I might just not have come across the Maths-onlys as much, because I've done Humanities courses, which were put in RA Groups with other Humanities courses, yada yada.

Go allrounders! Woo!

Re: 'unforgivable incident' - Weren't you listening? That wasn't Session 1, it was the CHILDREN. :D

Session 1ers often think S2 has better courses: it's probably a case of grass-is-greener on both sides.

I can't speak for S2ers but I doubt the majority of S1ers would agree with you.

As for the rest, you're probably right, but it is a lot more even in session one, that's why I was wondering

I'm not going back this year but my sister will proably be there, I'm sure a lot of the courses will appeal to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

ah yis bastards.. woulda killed to have astronomy in 03 - 05.. novel writing sounds fun..
    and i think investigative science is an oldie from 03, not just another rehash..

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

aw, I just realised I can't go back this year.

oh well..

Piste wrote:
    I'm not going back this year but my sister will proably be there, I'm sure a lot of the courses will appeal to her.

You'll be missed Liz.

Aw :) Sure my memory will always live on- wait I'm not dead, I might pop along to blanch and santry!

Well I always hate to see some-one bowing out of CTYI when they're not Never-mores yet. Hopefully you'll do a Darran Ward. You probably won't, but we could sure do with some experience in n00b corrupting from you.

Well I think I've just grown out of it, I doubt I'll do what Darran did and go at the last minute, I'll probably be doing something else through the summer instead. Even if I did go I wouldn't be "corrupting n00bs" anyway.

Piste wrote:
    Even if I did go I wouldn't be "corrupting n00bs" anyway.

It'd just go that way though. I get the thing of growing out of it though but I think it's still relevant to me because most of my friends will still be there this year and most will nevermore.

Ah no, I'd never force anything on younglings. I was looking at the courses and Speech Therapy looks really interesting, is anyone thinking of doing it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement