Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Room Notes - big Irish band for 2007

Options
  • 25-01-2007 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

I read a live review of this band Dark Room Notes in this week's NME Ireland (I know, I know...) and they seemed pretty enthusiastic about them. I had a look at their myspace page and I have to say the single is a bit of a cracker, and they've already got some high-ish profile support slots lined up.

Anyone heard of them before, or know anything about them? They seem to appeared out of nowhere.

EDIT/ found the review online if anyone's interested

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Went to see these guys playing with The Films at the club NME gig last night. Seriously good performance. If you get the chance to check them out then do so.

Yeah caught them there with psapp in galway the other night..impressive..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭@rchives

I've heard this a couple of times on Phantom - good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

Thought I'd revive this thread and see if anybody has hopped on the Dark Room Notes bandwagon since. They're fantastic, both on record and live. Anyone else feel the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

Never heard of them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Saw them at the Coors gig in Limerick the other week, pretty impressive. Shame they never lived up to the "big Irish band for 2007" tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

Maybe there'll still be home for them to be "Big Irish Band for 2009" if I try to convert more people in the next couple of months!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

An File wrote: »
    Saw them at the Coors gig in Limerick the other week, pretty impressive. Shame they never lived up to the "big Irish band for 2007" tag.

No one ever seems to. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

great band - seen em a good few times. Unfortunately I've always thought they probably need to be a little less challenging (crapper) for mainstream listeners to really catch on and explode. Hopefully I'm wrong and they can crossover soon

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

I got to interview them for wired....cool band

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

I have their album. They have a lot of really good ideas but in some songs they just dont really work out. Lyrics arent the best either but they get away with it because of the nature of their sound. Evens out as a pretty average album. They still deserve to be better known though.

Synthpop is being done to death at the moment and the fact that there are so many bands who do it better doesnt really help their cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

when the sugababes jump on the bandwagon you know its time to start on something new!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 GonzoRecords

They've now been signed to BBE Records, and the album will be coming out worldwide in 2010. See www.facebook.com/darkroomnotes or www.myspace.com/darkroomnotesireland for more...

Advertisement