Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Safety Adverts

Options
  • 25-01-2007 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭

Don't know if anyone can help me here but I was just wondering if these adverts are available to view anywhere on the web. I'm talking about the ones from the 90's with the really ominous music and some young fella getting fried at the end of the advert. They used to freak the sh1t out of me as a child and I'd really like to see them again if possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hard to find them alright, there have been quite a few. The one I remember is the lad who fired the frisbee up onto the pylons and then started climbing up ontop of them. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I remember one of a kid kicking his ball up onto the wires?? something like that anyway. He tried to climb the pole with all his friends cheering him on and next thing theres a zap and his 90's cardigan falls to the ground. It was great. One thing I always liked about them was the music....very creepy but not overdone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

It was worse when the ESB (and I think they still do) advertise themselves on TV, when the ads' target audience (the people without electricity) can't see the ad...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Jimmyyyyyyyyy!

Advertisement