Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 SE vs Sports spec

Options
  • 25-01-2007 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

In relation to pre 05 Audi A4's, can anyone tell me the difference in spec between SE and Sport?

The SE has 16inch alloys SP has 17inch
    The SE has front and rear E/W SP has only front
    Sport has rear spoiler SE does not.

But the the Sport spec was more expensive from new and second hand cars are also more expensive(by a considerable amount). why is this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

In relation to pre 05 Audi A4's, can anyone tell me the difference in spec between SE and Sport?

The SE has 16inch alloys SP has 17inch
    The SE has front and rear E/W SP has only front
    Sport has rear spoiler SE does not.

But the the Sport spec was more expensive from new and second hand cars are also more expensive(by a considerable amount). why is this?

I think most pre 2005 Audi A4 SE and Sport models are UK imports so it is hard to know what spec they actually have. Plus the Audi options list is long so some models may be better equipped than others. While UK customers pay for options, Irish customers pay VRT.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Cheer Bazz26,
    You're correct, I'm comparing 130bhp diesels from England, I just can't understand why the Sport spec is "so" much more expensive, as there doesn't seem a huge difference in specification compared to the SE.
    between 1500-2000 sterling, same mileage, same year??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mousemat

Would they have a sports suspension by any chance? They may also have a rear spoiler (250 quid)
    I have the SE verion with 17" alloys which cost 1k euro(for the alloys!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

The sport model compared to the SE has a different steering wheel,sports seats and gear knob for starters.it also comes with sports suspension.Very nice to drive

Thanks for the replies,
    The suspension might explain some of the extra cost, and I know extras can add up when buying a new car, the sport does look better, but I don't like parting with the "hard earned" unless I'm geting value for money.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies,
    The suspension might explain some of the extra cost, and I know extras can add up when buying a new car, the sport does look better, but I don't like parting with the "hard earned" unless I'm geting value for money.

Has it got a kit on it besides the sport badge?

I have a pic of my bus with the 17" alloys on it, was plain until I put them on it, it is no sports car but it makes a little different

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

answer is simple enough on this one, sports model is more sought after due to extras and looking better, it will cost more but will also be worth more and easier to sell (privately anyway) when the time comes

cyprus, I don't know about having more extras to be honest, when I was looking I found the SEs to have more.
    Yes the do look better if they have a quattro kit but not all the sport versions have more than a spoiler and side skirts

Car looks well Mousemat,
    What you said is exactly the reason I asked the question, I'm speaking about A4's without a quattro kit, there does not appear to be much difference apart from rims and rear spoiler.
    Looking at the cargiant website, The price of 2004 A4 Sport TDI is almost the same as an 2005 (new shape) A4 SE TDI.
    So I'm still a bit confused, funny enough I prefer the pre-05 shape !!

Thanks again for the help

Advertisement