Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex, Chips and Rock'n Roll

Options
  • 24-01-2007 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

This is an excellent mini-series, set in Manchester in the 60s. Six episodes and once you got started to watch it, you can hardly stop. It's full of unexpected twists.

It's very well cast and the main characters are elaborated in depth. In my opinion the performances of Sue Johnston and Joe McFadden are outstanding.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

This is my favourite series ever! I saw it when it was on the BBC, and again on UK Drama, and I bought the dvd which I've watched at least 20 times. Can't recommend it enough. Great performances all round, and I agree with Maryan about Sue Johnston and Joe McFadden. Also David Threlfall and Phil Daniels are wonderful in it. Good characters and strong story.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I love random blast from the past like this. Always meant to watch this as I was a big fan of Joe from the Crow road adaptation. Must have a look for a cheap dvd set.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

sweetie wrote:
    I love random blast from the past like this. Always meant to watch this as I was a big fan of Joe from the Crow road adaptation. Must have a look for a cheap dvd set.

Get it - you won't be disappointed. Joe is a bit more growed up in this. :)

The Crow Road was great - very clever adaptation.

Oh, and Joe is at present doing a grand job in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, in Edinburgh.

Advertisement