Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much engine oil?

Options
  • 24-01-2007 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭

How much engine oil does a 2004 A4 tdi take (Litres)?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Check the handbook! Which size engine is it? That could be important

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It depends on whether or not you change the oil filter. The filter usually holds about 500ml.

I'd imagine an Audi 1.9 TDI would take somewhere between 4-5 litres. But as Mike says, check the handbook to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

Thanks lads.Its the 1.9tdi 130

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

If you go to castrol.co.uk and find the tool that asks for your make and model car and engine, it'll show you the recommend Castrol oil to use with that car. It also shows you exactly how much oil is needed. It was correct in 3 cars that I've changed oil in, so I'm sure it's correct all round.

(Interesting point to note... the Ferrari Enzo takes something like 18 litres of oil if I remember correctly!! :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 65,032 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Handy tool, Biro. Thanks for sharing

Just checked and an Enzo takes 11.5l. My 7-series takes 7.5l and the OP's car takes 4l according to that site :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

unkel wrote:
    Handy tool, Biro. Thanks for sharing

Just checked and an Enzo takes 11.5l. My 7-series takes 7.5l and the OP's car takes 4l according to that site :)
    Ah yes, 11.5 l. There is some car though that takes 18 litres so far as I remember, must see if I can dig it out.
    But ya, it's an excellent tool. Gives the recommended oil, and in some models, gearbox oil aswell. Seems to cover every car!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭fletch

My VAG 1.9TDI takes 4.2ltrs. Very annoying seeing as Castrol Edge 10W-40 comes in a 4ltr and not a 4.5ltr like the non-Edge oils. So the oil cost me €49.99 for 4ltrs + €17.99 for 1ltr :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

Moanin wrote:
    How much engine oil does a 2004 A4 tdi take (Litres)?

Thanks

3.6 litres(with filter) according to autodata;)

Advertisement