Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

volvo s40 aerial

Options
  • 24-01-2007 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭

some nice person broke the aerial of my volvo, i've ordered one but does anyone know is it easy to replace?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

What year s40 is it patrick? Is it the old type or the new one? If it's the old type
    it's easy enough to do, (the new type might be the same but I'm not sure). Well on the old typ you replace them like this. First unscrew the 14mil (i think) nut where the ariel connects to the body and lift it off. Then get some one to turn on the ignition and radio in the car and as the ariel extends pull it upwards and along with the metal arieal a long piece of whith serated plastic will come out of the mechanism.

Now to fit the new one just feed the white plastic bit down the hole as far as it will go and get someone to turn off the radio, you should feel the mechanism grab the plastic and start pulling it in, just let it go, then when it's full taken in refit the nut you removed and your done. You should then turn the radio back on to make sure the new one is working ok. Also spray a bit of grease or teflon spray or something along the ariel, it helps keep it in good condition.

P.S. It might take a few goes of pushing the plastic part in and switching off the radio to get the mechanism to grab it, the serated part of the plastic has to be facing the right direction, so take note of which way its facing when you remove the broken one. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭patrickc

brilliant thanks a million. it's a 01 sp the old type... Thanks again I'll try that tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭ChewyLuey

Snapped one in a car wash 6 months ago. Didn't have time to replace it myself. Got it done (part and fitting) in 20 mins. Think it was €50. Could have been worse. Needless to say I turn my radio off at car washes now......well actually I try to wash it with hose and bucket :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭patrickc

I ordered the part and wasn't available to collect yesterday, hopefully it'll be there today. if he offeres to fit it for 20 or so I wont complain..

Advertisement