Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passat 1.9 Tdi Highline Vs. A4 Tdi SLine

Options
  • 24-01-2007 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I'm thinking of changing my car. I currently drive a 04 Audi A3 1.6. I love the car but I could do with a bigger car and I need to get something suitable for a bit of towing. I'm thinking of buying one of the following...

New VW Passat 1.9 Tdi Highline with a few extra's

or

06 Audi A4 1.9 Tdi S Line.

I know that the 2 litre Tdi is a much better engine but the Irish Government requires me to pay an extra €5,000 on VRT for the pleasure. So that's not really a runner.
    The downside of the A4 is that it will be replaced early next year with a brand new model.
    Just wondering what people think of these cars.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭maidhc

Donie75 wrote:
    I know that the 2 litre Tdi is a much better engine but the Irish Government requires me to pay an extra €5,000 on VRT for the pleasure. So that's not really a runner.

I think it is VW rather than the Irish government are to blame for the 5k. Plenty of other manufacturers are able to sell 2.0 diesels for less than the price of the passat 1.9 (Toyota and Ford spring to mind)

Advertisement