Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate, SG1 Season 10, Episode 13: The Road Not Taken [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 24-01-2007 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

Well...this was essentially 'There But For the Grace Of God' MK.II.
    Except this one was cack.

In hindsight it looks like it wasn't too bad, but all the good aspects of this epsiode were only lightly dealt with, especially in comparison to the bad aspects.
    For example, we didn't see enough of the whole marshal law thing, or exactly what that protestor wasallabout...nor was there much dealing with how the planet became somewhat dystopian, but plenty of time given to trivial matters like Carter's 'stardom'.
    Also, McKay...in a Carter episode....how un-expected. Although, he was the good old fashioned McKay in this (not the crappy McKay we have now)...he was wasted. Whereas, Lorne, got loads of time. Don't get me wrong, I like Lorne, but he was completely out of place in this episode.

Also...terrorists training...Irish village bombed...on request from the Irish Prime Minister. (puke)

What did you think? 15 votes

0% 0 votes
    6% 1 vote
    0% 0 votes
    6% 1 vote
    20% 3 votes
    20% 3 votes
    13% 2 votes
    13% 2 votes
    6% 1 vote
    13% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

meh... a very average episode tbh. pretty much agree with everything you said, expected more about the protestor etc... it just felt like everyone decided they wanted a holiday and amanda tapping drew the short straw and ended up doing this episode.

looking forward to something better next week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I enjoyed it more than either of you.

I don't see what they are going to do now tho if earth is so easy to defend all they have to do is make the same changes to the power grid on our earth. or use a zpm?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'd give it an 8 for the first half and a 4 for the second half (lets say 6 average). Its like they didn't know how to end it.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Earth defense does look a lot easier now all right.

Nice evening dress too. Hot. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

An OK episode, IMO.

Good to see Hammond back, but Landry as President. :rolleyes:

There was very little action in it and the irish prime minister (yeah, there was a lot of research there!!)

I wonder will Carter's experience in this alternate reality (i.e cloaking of the planet) come up in any of the next few episodes??

One good thing - Vala wasn't anywhere to be seen (except a little at the beginning and the end).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Pretty so so if I am to be honest about it and the alternate reality did seem a little thrown together. Hardly worth it just to figure out how to shift the planet. But at least they got away from the damned village set for once. An awful lot of deja vu at work . Why can't they leave the fact that Carter is not attached alone? Seems like it's been lurking for three seasons or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Kojak wrote:
    An OK episode, IMO.

Good to see Hammond back, but Landry as President. :rolleyes:

Yeah, it was good to see Hammond back...although he didn't seem himself.
    Must have been those long sleeves.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Is it just me or has Stargate just turned into a Dell advert?

I mean that Dell XPS laptop gets more camera time then some of the main characters.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ah jaysus, the boys from the US got us good. We be bombin' dem Europeans to be sure to be sure - BAH! Although I've heard the time the "Irish Prime Minister" used in British news as well, so I won't slam them too hard for that.

Senordingdong got it right - it really felt like "There But for the Grace of God (Mark 2)". 'Cept that one had a lot more impact. Here we had such potential with the Landry-as-dictator that was never exploited. 'Course I thought he was a bit of a ****e choice - Kinsey would have been a much better choice and in keeping with how many realities were going.

Hammond back was nice though.

Oh and the ending? It sucketh the big one and deserves 2 marks deducted. They just let her go? BAH! *smack*

Will pay off if this trip has some sort of meaning for the Ori invasion, the way Daniel was able to help save Earth when he did this plot line nine years ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

She's still got it

*fap* *fap* *fap*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Bah. My cousin messed up the videoing, So excuse me if i miss a point or 2, and in my copy, it really did skip to her just being sent home :(
    in fairness they packed alot of plot into 1 show. I enjoyed it, but it just seemed like a writer wanted to make commentary on an exaggerated bush post 9/11.

Sounded like Bertie is still in charge in that dimension too :)

wonder how much tealc got paid for his one line?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Also...terrorists training...Irish village bombed...on request from the Irish Prime Minister. (puke)

Alternate reality perhaps?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I thought it was interesting enough... the alternate view of what would happen if they were not a secret. Overall, far from one of my favorite episodes, but some sweet bits. Like when she gets back to SG1 and they had been talking to an empty room for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Very weak episode, apart from cloaking earth nothing was really achieved, it was fairly boring to watch, and they didnt take advantage of having Hammond back nearly enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

An Irish village? do we even have villages any more? Why couldn't they have just used a word like "town"? It makes it sound like there was a crack team of subversive leprechauns able to shoot lucky charms out of their mouths preparing to invade other countries.

Ah sure, I'm getting too worked up about this, I think I'll do the stereotypical Irish thing and have a drink or ten with paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

CatInABox wrote:
    An Irish village? do we even have villages any more? Why couldn't they have just used a word like "town"? It makes it sound like there was a crack team of subversive leprechauns able to shoot lucky charms out of their mouths preparing to invade other countries.

Ah sure, I'm getting too worked up about this, I think I'll do the stereotypical Irish thing and have a drink or ten with paddy.

I live in a village.
    And yeah....Irish terrorists....they must have been talking about leprechauns.

Pugsley wrote:
    Very weak episode, apart from cloaking earth nothing was really achieved, it was fairly boring to watch, and they didnt take advantage of having Hammond back nearly enough.

Ye but that is a massive thing if not the single biggest thing in Stargate besides the discovery of the stargate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

User45701 wrote:
    Ye but that is a massive thing if not the single biggest thing in Stargate besides the discovery of the stargate
    Earth isnt under attack, or even in immiment danger, and they cant power it from their own dimension, hence its a long way from being useful.

Pugsley wrote:
    Earth isnt under attack, or even in immiment danger, and they cant power it from their own dimension, hence its a long way from being useful.

Why cant they power it? i dont see why they cant build the lines to move all of the power from the US and Russia since it in antartica

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

User45701 wrote:
    Why cant they power it? i dont see why they cant build the lines to move all of the power from the US and Russia since it in antartica

Not to mention a ZPM or two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

A fer cryin' out loud, once this episode started and it was shown to be another alternate universe story it was all downhill from there.

So much potential, but it turned into a god awful waste of time. i mean there was alot to work with, the martial law, the international situation, the intergalatic relations and all that but instead we got amanda tapping blithering away about democracy and the revelation that we apparently have a prime minister.

And we'd ask the americans to bomb the bejesus out of ballygobackward, with F302's, because we have no army of our own, or something.

And i think the worst part is the Ori have been essentially running around for a fortnight uncheck while SG1 whispered sweet nothing to an empty room.. i mean seriously, who writes this guff?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭BKtje

There are other SG teams ya know...

Besides they probably needed a holiday or couldnt go out a man(two if u includice Jackson) short or something :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Heh, good point.

still a rubbish episode though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Wooo the poor oul terrorists of County Kilshane are dead!

Advertisement