Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Done Somthing Stupid Tonite!!

Options
  • 23-01-2007 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Well had my 1st ''incident'' driving tonite , going around a corner, not looking where i was going, and bounced my car off a kerb:( on two wheels! pulled over front tyre completely flat, changed it there and then, going to bring it into Quick-fit tomorrow, the front wheel got a good aul wallop off the kerb there was a knock in the suspension already the wheels would be need to be balanced and tracked before the incident, just wondering what to expect in the tearms of €€€ to be expecting?

Thanks

-VB-

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The wheels will need proper examination (steel or alloy?) and the track rod and CV may both be shot! Trumatised by your cack-handed piloting!

Mike.

ps "tonight" is how its spelt ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

The wheel (Alloy) looks ok,
    mike65 wrote:
    Trumatised by your cack-handed piloting!
    When you see a croud of tarts with skirts up to thier belly-buttons dont tell me you dont look!!:D

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Volvoboy wrote:
    The wheel (Alloy) looks ok, When you see a croud of tarts with skirts up to thier belly-buttons dont tell me you dont look!!:D

-VB-
    I got stung by this a few years ago on a sunny summers afternoon in town. I rolled into the car in front of me while looking at some 'scenery'. Luckily I did no damage to the car in front.

Be sure to the check the wheel throughly for small cracks and other damage. I reckon you'll need a new tyre as it's impact damage which usually cracks the sidewall and is unrepairable. And do get your tracking checked - just in case. If the wheel survived the incident then there is a good a chance that no further damage has been done, but ask the guys fitting the tyre to have look underneath - you never know..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I feckin cracked my brake discs doing something similar while parking.
    Expensive mistake I won't make again :o

Get it checked out asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I did the same in my old Camry, hit a high kerb in the airport, managed to change the wheel in minutes with my little aldi battery wrench.About 10 miles later it started to seriously knock so i headed home thinking the supension had been damaged. Unfortunatly the spare had eight holes, basically a madey up wheel the dealer had thrown with car because it came with a space saver and in my hurry to change it I used the wrong holes. In daylight I realised that the wheel was hanging off, hence the knocking, and I was 'dead' lucky to have made it home. Needless to say I got a proper spare after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

mike65 wrote:
    The wheels will need proper examination (steel or alloy?) and the track rod and CV may both be shot! Trumatised by your cack-handed piloting!

Mike.

ps "tonight" is how its spelt ;)

And while we've got the red pen out, it's TRAUMATISED. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Do'h!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

God, we are all very nice. Where's the legions of "Keep your eyes on the road" gone?

I done something similar, through tiredness rather than looking at some slapper freezing the meow off herself. Didn't do any damage, then again, I had only pulled off from lights / parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Volvoboy wrote:
    The wheel (Alloy) looks ok, When you see a croud of tarts with skirts up to thier belly-buttons dont tell me you dont look!!:D

-VB-

I-wan-na-walk-you-home...de-de-de-de-de-de :D

careful now...

Advertisement