Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Only 3 weeks to prepare for Driving test !!!!

Options
  • 23-01-2007 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Long story short, I have 3 weeks to prepare for my driving test and only 7 days where its possible to do lessons so ill be lucky to fit in 10 lessons if I pass ill be on the road and quickly (ive even posted here about what car to buy!)

I have basic driving skills and id like to think a fair amount of cop on

Well the question is, -Is it possible or am i doomed??????/

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Its possible. totally possible. You'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

How did you manage to get a test with a 3 week lead? :eek:

Yes, you can do it, if you keep positive. It's mostly attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

i had 7 days notice, from tuesday to tuesday.
    was working the first two days, 1 lesson on friday morning, off to scotland from friday to sunday night, 2 lessons monday, then worked night shift (6pm to 8am including driving) pre test lesson on tuesday, then test and passed with only 3 grade 2 ticks. (then night shift again)

you have LOADS of time, get some lessons and you will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Hi,

Cheers lads im just goin to get as many lessons in as possible and do me best;

I dunno how I got such a lead time slow coach, i got notification yesterday and its on teh 14th Feb? Lucky I suppose otherwise id be in bother;

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 eamon1

where is your test on? make sure you get a good instructor that will really teach you not just drive u around and take ur money.. i got a great one on irishmotoring.ie. they cover all of ireland. best of luck....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I got a month's notice (test is on Monday, fingers crossed). I had two lessons (never had any before) and the tester said I should be fine, as long as I practice and keep the head. Easier said than done.

I got the impression that if he'd thought I would need more lessons that he would give them to me, even if it meant juggling a schedule.

So I think you will be fine. Get out there, practice, and really pay attention when you do get lessons.

Advertisement