Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to buy a cheap car?

Options
  • 23-01-2007 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Where are good places, within Dublin, to buy a cheap car? Other than private sales that is.

The closest place to me would be Windsor motors, anyone had any dealings with them?

I'm just a little sick of my own car (Punto) and would like something else, i'm talking no more than €2000 here. And preferably somewhere
    that would take a trade in, or would they even take a trade in for such a small amount? My own car i would hope to get at least a grand for ('97 SX60).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

Private (buyandsell etc) woulkd be the best value, but only if you know what you are doing.

Do you have a regular mechanic that you trust? if so, ask him to keep an eye out for you. Most of us in the trade would quite often come across cheap value cars from time to time. If your mechanic does not own the car he is less likely be trying to unload something and more likely to want to look after you.

Advertisement